By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - All we need is immigration reform

The economy recovered? I must have missed that. I mean wages are up? Labor participation rate is up? There are more business opening than closing? I must have missed all of that. Oh the stock market is up, woo hoo, lets hope it doesnt crash.

Obama will likely be remembered for a couple of things, inflaming race relations to among the worst they have been, and reducing our Constitution to but a mere memory.

Universal health care has not been a winner, ISIS and the middle east is a mess, the economy has not recovered to what it was (it probably never will), and to top it all off we have race riots all over the country. Go Obama!

I bet the residents of Baltimore and Ferguson dont feel as safe as they did 10 years ago. Which cities are next?

Around the Network

Obama is a terrible president.

Obamacare is not all kittens and rainbows like the left proclaims. Yes people are covered that weren't before. But, the implementation is awful.
1.) When you give something to some people (particularly the uneducated) for free, people abuse the system. They literally do not care about costs and will not shop around (circumventing supply and demand). I literally know an illegal family that gets medical assistance and took their baby (yes illegals qualify for MA in the case of pregnancy and their kids are citizens) to the ER for 1 day of not pooping.
2.) Those of us that actually pay for insurance have seen our rates sky rocket, while our coverage goes down.

3.) Unless it's single payer, even the poor need to cost share on a sliding scale system. There is a reason HSAs are so popular... they are cheaper because people are responsible. 

Gay marriage was the SCOTUS not Obama.

Economics runs in cycles. The housing bubble was 90's Bush and Clinton's fault. Have you guys heard of down payment assistance? To qualify for one program in my area the house is $210k but they need a family income below $38k. It's happening again....

Obama gets rewarded for killing Osama? Wtf did he do other than answer the phone and say "do it". We'd been tracking him for years.

Bush and the liberal dominated legislature passed the highly contested  (and Obama utilized) patriot act. He campaigned on closing gitmo. 7 years later and it's not gone.

Federal debt is increasing faster than it did in Bush's term and "he put us into 2 wars while cutting taxes ".

GuyWithHighIQ said:
Chris Hu said:

I get it you're a huge racist that is really nothing to be proud of but maybe it is in your world whatever makes you happy.

Call me what you want. If supporting the moral and just side makes me a racist, then so be it.

I'd rather be called a racist than take the side of those who let 40-year-old non-whites rape pre-teen white girls and then turn a blind-eye to the abuses to not appear as "racist".

White Power!

Barozi said:
GuyWithHighIQ said:

Call me what you want. If supporting the moral and just side makes me a racist, then so be it.

I'd rather be called a racist than take the side of those who let 40-year-old non-whites rape pre-teen white girls and then turn a blind-eye to the abuses to not appear as "racist".

White Power!

I kinda feel like that guy was a troll. You rarely find that overt of a racist that isn't a straight up hill billy.

McDonaldsGuy said:

Then IMO Obama is the best President ever.

- Kills Osama

- Passes the Health Care Act

- Gay marriage is legalized during his term

- Ends Iraq War

- Helps economy recover

- America safest both crime and terrorism rise in the past 50 years

If he is able to get immigration reform passed to me it will be a 100% success. What do you guys think? What does Obama need to do now to secure his place in history as GOAT?

-Drone killings of innocent people at an all time high

-Guantanmo still open

Meh, worst president after Bush.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:

I kinda feel like that guy was a troll. You rarely find that overt of a racist that isn't a straight up hill billy.

Having grown up in the UK, and now living in Hong Kong, I have never met a "straight up hill billy" (except one guy in Florida who had a pet gator in the back of his truck, and he seemd like call guy), however, I have met MANY people in both those aforementioned countries who are exceptionally racist.

Suburban white Britain is just... wow. Well, at least the part I was from.

SamuelRSmith said:
sabvre42 said:

Having grown up in the UK, and now living in Hong Kong, I have never met a "straight up hill billy" (except one guy in Florida who had a pet gator in the back of his truck, and he seemd like call guy), however, I have met MANY people in both those aforementioned countries who are exceptionally racist.

Most, but not all,  racism is subvert these days in the US.

I'm white,  but I'm married to an immigrant Peruvian (Hispanic). Our kids are mixed,  and yes we experience racism.  Almost always its stares... or someone in public assuming she is my/the kids' nanny. The only overt racism we've recieved were: some random guy yelling at her to go back home; and some snarky employee at the Target eye clinic making the comment to her coworker "its not like she's paying for it anyways".

More common than racism these days is classism. Both my wife and I will admit to being classist. She gets more mad at the illegals that perpetuate the stereotypes she encounters, than those assigning them to her based on her race. 

In regards to immigration reform,  she gets furious about what we went through and how i had to sign away all rights to government assistance for 7 years; but current reform plans just reward illegals (we were pretty poor ourselves back when i signed the form).

McDonaldsGuy said:

Then IMO Obama is the best President ever.

- Kills Osama

- Passes the Health Care Act

- Gay marriage is legalized during his term

- Ends Iraq War

- Helps economy recover

- America safest both crime and terrorism rise in the past 50 years

If he is able to get immigration reform passed to me it will be a 100% success. What do you guys think? What does Obama need to do now to secure his place in history as GOAT?

Obama is doing nothing while IS is getting more powerful by the day. The US attacked Iraq on false accusations of them having nuclear weapons, but when there is an actual big threat out there they do nothing. Oh sorry, they're performing air attacks and supplying the Iraqi army with weapons (that later get stolen by IS lol). Sorry, but that's not nearly enough to stop IS.

bad peace is even worse than war. Congratulations Obama.

How many (innocent) people has Obama killed with his drone attacks in the Middle-East?

What did killing Bin Laden achieve besides a symbolical victory for the Americans? Very little. Bin Laden looks like a saint compared to IS. In fact, even Bin Laden thought they were too extremistic and didn't want to work together with them. That says a lot, doesn't it?

Obama's healthcare system is still a big joke compared to most European countries. Or Cuba. At least the relations between the US and Cuba have finally improved (and yes, the US was always in the wrong there).

The Federal debt is increasing at a faster rate than during Bush's presidency. Guantanamo Bay is STILL open despite his promise of closing it during the election campaign of his first presidency.

Terrorism is at an all time high in the world and will only increase in the future. And yes, as president of the USA, Obama also has a global responsibility.

SamuelRSmith said:
sabvre42 said:

If you're white, you must be treated like royalty in Asia.

sabvre42 said:

Obama is a terrible president.

Obamacare is not all kittens and rainbows like the left proclaims. Yes people are covered that weren't before. But, the implementation is awful.
1.) When you give something to some people (particularly the uneducated) for free, people abuse the system. They literally do not care about costs and will not shop around (circumventing supply and demand). I literally know an illegal family that gets medical assistance and took their baby (yes illegals qualify for MA in the case of pregnancy and their kids are citizens) to the ER for 1 day of not pooping.
2.) Those of us that actually pay for insurance have seen our rates sky rocket, while our coverage goes down.

3.) Unless it's single payer, even the poor need to cost share on a sliding scale system. There is a reason HSAs are so popular... they are cheaper because people are responsible. 

its not the left, its the centre. left leaning people dont want a capitalistic healthcare system that ust helps big corperations.

1. going shopping for healthcare? that musst realy suck if you feels sick...   and people dont abuse the system, your system just doesnt work.

2. that happens when you let the capitalists run the system...

3. or maybe learn from europe? state regulating and social medical systems are working just fine, and they are cheaper too.

and the people feel better with it.