By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon sell 1 million lifetime in Japan?

Splatoon at > 1,000,000 lifetime in Japan?

Yes. 96 72.73%

nope. 36 27.27%

Total:132
Angelv577 said:
it definitely can but according to vgchartz, Mario kart 8 hasn't reached 1m yet so I'm not sure if splatoon will be able to reach 1m. Although total Mario kart 8 sales is ahead of splatoon by 159k. Still I wouldn't be surprise if splatoon do it looking at the recent legs.

MK8 reached 1m retail in Japan about a month or so ago, according to Media Create and Famitsu.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

It could, but I'm not sure it will. Still, 300-400k is impressive.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Skullwaker said:
Angelv577 said:
it definitely can but according to vgchartz, Mario kart 8 hasn't reached 1m yet so I'm not sure if splatoon will be able to reach 1m. Although total Mario kart 8 sales is ahead of splatoon by 159k. Still I wouldn't be surprise if splatoon do it looking at the recent legs.

MK8 reached 1m retail in Japan about a month or so ago, according to Media Create and Famitsu.

Vgchartz is undertracking it then.  how much is the difference?

Angelv577 said:

I don't think it's that VGC is undertracking it but rather we're just behind by two months in software sales.

Here is MC's report from this past week:

07./05. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 8.660 / 1.037.923 (-10%)

Angelv577 said:
Skullwaker said:

Is not undertracked, the problem is that VGChartz is still at the week ending 5 April, but Mario Kart hit 1 million the week ending 31 May. So, with 8 week of difference, VGChartz track is fine.

P.S

Mario Kart 8 is at 1.04 million by end of last week.

Around the Network

its possible, i mean heck people said ''this game will never even hit 1m worldwide'', so stranger things have happened lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Skullwaker said:
Angelv577 said:

I don't think it's that VGC is undertracking it but rather we're just behind by two months in software sales.

Here is MC's report from this past week:

07./05. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156) - 8.660 / 1.037.923 (-10%)

lol, I forgot that vgchartz is behind on the chartz.  I still haven't got used to be behind on the numbers.

Hmm not sure really I mean it could as I never thought it would be as successful as it is now

I'm going to say no and hopefully it surprises once again

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I estimate it will get to 650k Japan which is amazing tbh.

Angelv577 said:
lol, I forgot that vgchartz is behind on the chartz.  I still haven't got used to be behind on the numbers.

I know, it's just sad at this point.