By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon sell 1 million lifetime in Japan?

Splatoon at > 1,000,000 lifetime in Japan?

Yes. 96 72.73%

nope. 36 27.27%

Total:132
Jranation said:
If the manga of it sells very well, and gets an anime adaptation, then maybe. And if gets more content + dlc costumes from popular anime/idols or anything in particular, then maybe. But those legs are looking GOOD!

Splatoon manga series?  This is the first time I hear about that, I thought the only manga Splatoon was going to get was just that one-shot in CoroCoro.

-------

Splatoon can totally get to that at the pace it is going,  though if Nintendo does a bundle for it, it will reach it for sure, and quite fast.  Maaaaaybe it can get close to 2 million if it gets lucky, though a Splatoon 2 would sure get to a 2 million mark and maybe even further.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

a question for anyone that cares to answer: is splatoon officially one of if not the most successful new ip to be released on a single platform in japan?

I think we're still in the honeymoon phase with Splatoon, I think MK8 ultimately has stronger legs so Splatoon will sell below MK8 weekly by the time week 10 comes along. So I think 1 million LTD is less likely, but not impossible. After all MK8 will sell >1 million so Splatoon can be 1 million.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
I think we're still in the honeymoon phase with Splatoon, I think MK8 ultimately has stronger legs so Splatoon will sell below MK8 weekly by the time week 10 comes along. So I think 1 million LTD is less likely, but not impossible. After all MK8 will sell >1 million so Splatoon can be 1 million.

Mario Kart 8 is already at > 1 million. ( 1,038,000 )

II believe Mario Kart 8 will sell more than 2 million lifetime in Japan honestly... it still selling 8k at week, so, nearly 1.5 million by end of this year.

I don't think so. MK8 just barely made it over the 1 million mark recently and that's with a 300K opening week which is around 181K greater than Splatoons opening week. This fact together with the fact that the WII U has only around 2 years left as Nintendo's main console, Splatoon will have a hard time reaching 1 million in Japan.

If it actually doesn't make it to 1 million, it will definitely be close though ( 850K+ )

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Theres a 0.0001% chance this will happen, It still needs to outsell what this guy sold in its first week

GProgrammer said:
Theres a 0.0001% chance this will happen, It still needs to outsell what this guy sold in its first week

That guy was bundled with every single Ps4 there at first, so those sales are not because the game but because the console. 

Yes easily

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Ryng_Tolu said:
binary solo said:

Mario Kart 8 is already at > 1 million. ( 1,038,000 )

II believe Mario Kart 8 will sell more than 2 million lifetime in Japan honestly... it still selling 8k at week, so, nearly 1.5 million by end of this year.

Silly me using VGChartz. Of course MK8 is > 1 million by now. I don't know why VGC doesn't keep the Japan charts up to date. The Japan numbers are practically gift-wrapped for VGC every week. There is absoluytely no reason why the Japan weekly numbers couldn't still be published weekly.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

GProgrammer said:
Theres a 0.0001% 99.9999% chance this will happen, It still needs to outsell what this guy sold in its first week

Splatoon will easy sell more than double of what Knack sold lifetime.