By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPGs that you loved more on a 2nd playthrough?

Hey VGChartz, 

Have you ever played an RPG that you didn't like during your first playthrough but warmed up to it on a repeat playthrough? 

For me, that game would have to be Super Mario RPG. I played the game after being a big fan of the Paper Mario series and I didn't like SMRPG at first. But 5 years later on a second playthrough, I fell in love and now it's one of my favorite RPGs. 

Around the Network

Played the first SMT game and I wasn't able to get into it. I really liked the atmosphere and everything but I sucked at it.

I decided to play more modern SMT games and when I came back to it I was able to make progress and enjoyed it a lot. I admit I had to use a guide, specially by the end of the game, but using one doesn't ruin my enjoyment of a game.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Yeah if your going to start playing SMT, dont start with the first game.
Thats def. one of those games you appreciate more after youve figoured out how things work.

Nope.. I'll always dislike Final Fantasy 13..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't get the question really.
Why would you play through a game AGAIN if you disliked it the first time? Are you a masochist?
If I don't like a game I don't play it. No, this has never happened to me.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

If I hate a game I'm not even going to play it once. I barely have time to play the games I DO like.

Arlo said:
If I hate a game I'm not even going to play it once. I barely have time to play the games I DO like.

Pretty much this. If I hate a game, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

I actually can't remember playing something I hate, the 2nd time around.

Arlo said:

Ya, let alone a JRPG that takes 20-30 hours plus. 

Sometimes I will play games for the sake of completing it, but I wouldn't want to play it for a second time if I dislike it :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]