By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

Faith in humanity. +1

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

I'm very happy to see this and live in this moment where said rights are acknowledged. As a gay person, I am so happy for the entire community to have their rights recognized. But this is only the start.

I'm also proud that one of the members of the SCOTUS, Sonia Sotomayor, is from Puertorrican descent.

Sweet, can't wait to read the reactions of my religious facebook friends. lol

Now the US can say it actually has freedom,congrats

Normchacho said:
Saw a great comment today.

"It's been a really bad week for the confederate flag waiving homophobe who bought Arkham Knight on PC."

lmao

Around the Network
axumblade said:
iceland said:
Sweet, can't wait to read the reactions of my religious facebook friends. lol

My religious friends have been quiet over the matter. I have seen some of the breakdowns though. This one is my favorite...Forgive me...it is Buzzfeed. :/ 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/its-legal-there#.qhQrQ1djq

Awesome! Too bad for them, maybe Russia then...

Hooray! As a gay man, it's not only awesome news to hear, but amazing that 99% of the comments here are positive towards it. Even when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s, being gay was still pretty taboo or considered a fringe group. You just didn't see or talk about it as much as today.

I am honestly really proud when I see the current generation of young people and how inclusive and tolerant they are. So much more informed and educated on diversity than the generations before. Bravo, guys.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

5-4 decision, very close victory. Will never understand why some people oppose it so vehemently.

Very good news! Congrats to everyone!
I really hope this has a positive effect on people realizing that this different-but-equal-but-really-really-not-equal-civil-union-thing is bullshit and people deserve equal rights. Not to speak of all the horrible discrimination homosexual/bisexual people still have to suffer in so many places around the world.
Nevertheless this is good news!

Very exciting news. It feels good to live in a country that has taken this big step toward equality.