By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

As someone who doesn't live in the US, I'm indifferent to the news.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

But the Law finally saw the light of day. 

As someone who is bisexual, this is fantastic news. Fuck yeah.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Lawlight said:

Well, this actually matters internationally as well, because you're going to see more and more officially licensed LGBT couples, going overseas on business/vacation/etc... who will have to interact directly with laws/policies/etc... in other countries.  Or, rather, those countries will have to interact directly with something formally backed by the Supreme Court of the US and the Federal Government.

Awesome news.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Lawlight said:

Well, this actually matters internationally as well, because you're going to see more and more officially licensed LGBT couples, going overseas on business/vacation/etc... who will have to interact directly with laws/policies/etc... in other countries.  Or, rather, those countries will have to interact directly with something formally backed by the Supreme Court of the US and the Federal Government.

Do you think the officials in Asia, for example, would care about that? Overall, I support it but I find it hard to sympathise with first world problems.

Excellent job! Not sure if I would wanna get married with a guy or a girl (bisexual here) but it's great for those who know they definitely want that.

I would say "inb4 marriage is between a man and a woman because of divine reasons", but I see that it's kind of happened already.

Lawlight said:
mornelithe said:

Do you think the officials in Asia, for example, would care about that? Overall, I support it but I find it hard to sympathise with first world problems.

LoL, first world problems?  The more countries that legalize the more pressure it puts on places where they're still executing people for homosexuality (You know, that 3rd world thing).  And yes, I think Asia takes very seriously, relationships with the US.  Most countries do.  Whatever your opinion about the US is, it's still a very major player in all regions, basically.  Not just military or trade, but business and tourism as well.

Keep in mind, also, I'm not a huge fan of how singular the US' power is worldwide, but in civil rights cases, it helps when you have a major player backing you up.

Saw a great comment today.

"It's been a really bad week for the confederate flag waiving homophobe who bought Arkham Knight on PC."

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Very Nice !