By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U

97alexk said:
JEMC said:

I was talking about the "We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U" line. A new Mario Tennis and an Amiibo Animal Crossing game is not what I would call prioritizing our satisfaction.

Also, after the disaster that was the launch of the 3DS, Iwata said that they had learned the lesson: not launching their an overpriced console without games. Judging by what happened with WiiU, he was either lying, he thought that lesson applyed only to handhelds, not home console or he simply doesn't know what he's doing.

Make yourself a favor and don't put much hope on Iwata.

I dont put much hope in iwata, im just hoping as a nintendo fan, yes the digital even this year was awful, but they only showcased on single Wii U game thats coming out next year, and we know about 3, that means there will be alot more Wii U games announced for 2016 in the upcoming months and year

You should take a look at how many Nintendo developed games had Wii in its last year. Asuming that there will be a lot more games just because they have talked about 3 is putting too much faith in them. Besides, you don't even know what kind of games they have in store. For all we know, they could be great games from great franchises, but they could also be awful games that nobody asked for.

TomaTito said:

More Mario after Mario Maker? And we already have Amiibo Crossing

I'll be satisfied with:
Advance Wars Unlimited
Endless Ocean III
Wii Sports Land 

I've lost all hope on another Endless Ocean. It looks like Nintendo assumed this game was bought only by casuals and that it no longer fits in their plan. A shame as it was one of the games I wanted the most for WiiU too.

Has there ever been an Advance Wars on a home console? They were called Battalion Wars, had nothing to do with the handheld games besides having the same units and (and this is my opinion) they were also worse than the handheld games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:

I was talking about the "We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U" line. A new Mario Tennis and an Amiibo Animal Crossing game is not what I would call prioritizing our satisfaction.

Also, after the disaster that was the launch of the 3DS, Iwata said that they had learned the lesson: not launching their an overpriced console without games. Judging by what happened with WiiU, he was either lying, he thought that lesson applyed only to handhelds, not home console or he simply doesn't know what he's doing.

I dont put much hope in iwata, im just hoping as a nintendo fan, yes the digital even this year was awful, but they only showcased on single Wii U game thats coming out next year, and we know about 3, that means there will be alot more Wii U games announced for 2016 in the upcoming months and year

You should take a look at how many Nintendo developed games had Wii in its last year. Asuming that there will be a lot more games just because they have talked about 3 is putting too much faith in them. Besides, you don't even know what kind of games they have in store. For all we know, they could be great games from great franchises, but they could also be awful games that nobody asked for.

TomaTito said:

More Mario after Mario Maker? And we already have Amiibo Crossing

I'll be satisfied with:
Advance Wars Unlimited
Endless Ocean III
Wii Sports Land 

I've lost all hope on another Endless Ocean. It looks like Nintendo assumed this game was bought only by casuals and that it no longer fits in their plan. A shame as it was one of the games I wanted the most for WiiU too.

Has there ever been an Advance Wars on a home console? They were called Battalion Wars, had nothing to do with the handheld games besides having the same units and (and this is my opinion) they were also worse than the handheld games.

awful games that no one wants? i seriously dont think nintendo would do that after the negative feedback from metroid prime federation force. Is there a single nintendo developed Wii U game that that has come out, that is not good? i cant think of any, and even the third party devs like platinum with bayonetta 2 was amazing, a amazing Wii U line-up will only be strengthened. Also just from zelda U and SMT X fire emblem for the Wii U, that alone already looks really good

Let just remember that it is the same guy who thought the WiiU name was good, that the E3 2012 went great, and managed to screwed up the shift to HD development even if they did it 7 years after everybody else.

That's the problem with japanese companies, nobody is changing anything until it is way too late, and then they apologize and do it again.

pokoko said:
There is no reason to doubt that. They supported the Wii right up until the end, too, didn't they?

Yep, the 2011 planning was almost empty, and 2012 was completely empty. And at the end of 2012, the WiiU was released.

If history repeat itself, 2016 will be almost empty, and 2017 will be empty, and the NX will come out  by the end of 2017

97alexk said:
JEMC said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:

awful games that no one wants? i seriously dont think nintendo would do that after the negative feedback from metroid prime federation force. Is there a single nintendo developed Wii U game that that has come out, that is not good? i cant think of any, and even the third party devs like platinum with bayonetta 2 was amazing, a amazing Wii U line-up will only be strengthened. Also just from zelda U and SMT X fire emblem for the Wii U, that alone already looks really good

The Metroid Federadion Force is a good example because with Nintendo refusing to reveal games years before its launch (a rule that they don't have problems to forget when they want, as Xenoblade X, SMTvsFE or Zelda proves), we don't know if or how many games like that Federation Force are in the works right now.

As for bad WiiU games, well, right off rom my head there's "U Sing" or something like that. But the biggest problem is not if the games are good or bad, the problem is if we want those games or not. We didn't want that Metroid 3DS game (a sidescrolled game like SuperMetroid or even a remake of it would have been received with joy), no one asked for an Amiibo Animal Crossing game, some asked for a Mario Strikers game but were given a Tenis game, StarFox is a demanded game but certainly not with those graphics, etc.

It's not the quality of those games, it's the number of games and who will buy them. Besides Xenoblade, there's not a single E3 game shown or revealed from Nintendo that I'll buy. And that is sad.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Did they rename the 3DS and somehow I missed it?

That's good to hear but Nintendo have stopped supporting their current hardware in the past in order to focus on their new console, so I don't trust him.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JEMC said:I've lost all hope on another Endless Ocean. It looks like Nintendo assumed this game was bought only by casuals and that it no longer fits in their plan. A shame as it was one of the games I wanted the most for WiiU too.

I know those games will never release, so I'll never be satisfied

The "Nintendo" Wars series started with the Famicom but only came worldwide after the transition to handheld with the GBA (apparently released one day before 7/11). I just wonder if they would ever make a home console version in a similar fashion they do with Fire Emblem; maybe with the NX. BTW I also didn't like the Battalion Wars spin-off.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Given Nintendo's track record, I'm not massively optimistic there'll be more than a handful of titles. Pokken Tournament, Zelda and Project Treasure could all join SMT x FE for 2016, and maybe one or two more spin-offs. 3DS is actually looking quite good for 2016 so far.

"The NX is new hardware, and will start from 0." - Iwata

I think this is the most important piece of information on his statement.