By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U

Unless you love 2D  platformers, Nintendo has not delivered for the Wii u during most of its lifespan to date

In your opinion.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
Miyamotoo said:
Aerys said:
Its easy to talk when your actions show the opposite, of course they wont say " we dont are anymore about making Wii U games, the priority is NX "

Well they said that on E3 showed only games for next 6-9 months, of course we'll have some more announcement Wii U games for 2016.

Yeah very small games like this Starfox but the real ambitious projects are already on NX, you wont get a real mario 3D , a Paper Mario, no big IP from Nintendo, just little games make you think they feed you but the lack of big announcements since more than 1 year show the reality

Star Fox isn't very small game, you can say that isn't on pair with Zelda U or Mario 3D but you cant say that is very small game. We already have real Mario 3D, and maybe we can get Paper Mario. I don't expect new 3D Mario game or 3D Metroid, but i think all other projects are still possible on Wii U.

A small game if you prefer, and no there is no réal Mario 3D ambitions like 64/Sunshine or even Galaxy, 3D world has nothing to do with a réal Mario 3D fans expected 

You will be really disappointed if you think you will get any other big nintendo game announced on WiiU, they keep all that to make a big NX line up and will even likely released Zelda on NX too

Its not even small game. Why small game, because its not best looking Wii U game!? Small game is Mario Tenis or Animal Crosing Fest game, like I wrote Star Fox its not on scale with Zelda U or Mario 3D World, but certainly inst small game.

Mario 3D World isn't what fans expected, but it's very good Mario 3D game.

I wrote that I dont expect new 3D Mario game or 3D Metroid, so how exactly I can be really disappointed!?

Maybe because it looks like a N64 game ? Any game on PS3 that looks like a PS1 game would be considered as small indie game.

Good Mario 3D World maybe but far to be as ambitious as a real mario 3D.

Because you still believe a Paper Mario is possible on WiiU, whereas it's absolutely not

Of Course it doesn't look like N64 game, certainly not best looking Wii U game, but certainly not worst too. That doesn't make Star Fox a small game.

I have Mario 3D World and its real 3D Mario game and it is pretty ambitious game, but I like wrote, isn't what fans expected, majority of Mario fans expected sequel to Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy 3.

Yes I think Paper Mario is possible, but I certainly won't be really disappointed if we don't get game.

Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:
There are so many things that can be said, and so few of them are positive.

I only see positive things, i hope iwata is a man of his word, if he is , we will be satisfied

all you have to do is look at a variety of statements he has made at Investor meetings and otherwise to see he is most def NOT a man of his word- 

Although Iwata is more sophisticated than Reggie-  they ahve about the same "truthfulness" track record

They dropped the Wii 2+ years before release for the Wii U (w no warning word etc and the Wii had 100 mil userbase-   so i can t imagine they will support a userbase of under 10 mill on a console they are losing money on better than they dod the Wii (and they were also making money on the Wii hardware- something they are not doing so faron the Wii u (unless there is an update from Nitendo saying otherwise that i have not seen yet)

The Wii was released 2006 and ended 2012 before the release of the Wii U, 6 year life cycle is what everyone in the 7th gen had

but they barely released any games for the wii u the last 2 years  and they barely released any games for the Wii U the 1 st year

-Nintendo Land, NSMBU, W101, Lego City Undercover, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Zelda WW HD, Mario 3D World, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club.

Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:

I was talking about the "We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U" line. A new Mario Tennis and an Amiibo Animal Crossing game is not what I would call prioritizing our satisfaction.

Also, after the disaster that was the launch of the 3DS, Iwata said that they had learned the lesson: not launching their an overpriced console without games. Judging by what happened with WiiU, he was either lying, he thought that lesson applyed only to handhelds, not home console or he simply doesn't know what he's doing.

Make yourself a favor and don't put much hope on Iwata.

I dont put much hope in iwata, im just hoping as a nintendo fan, yes the digital even this year was awful, but they only showcased on single Wii U game thats coming out next year, and we know about 3, that means there will be alot more Wii U games announced for 2016 in the upcoming months and year

You should take a look at how many Nintendo developed games had Wii in its last year. Asuming that there will be a lot more games just because they have talked about 3 is putting too much faith in them. Besides, you don't even know what kind of games they have in store. For all we know, they could be great games from great franchises, but they could also be awful games that nobody asked for.

awful games that no one wants? i seriously dont think nintendo would do that after the negative feedback from metroid prime federation force. Is there a single nintendo developed Wii U game that that has come out, that is not good? i cant think of any, and even the third party devs like platinum with bayonetta 2 was amazing, a amazing Wii U line-up will only be strengthened. Also just from zelda U and SMT X fire emblem for the Wii U, that alone already looks really good

The Metroid Federadion Force is a good example because with Nintendo refusing to reveal games years before its launch (a rule that they don't have problems to forget when they want, as Xenoblade X, SMTvsFE or Zelda proves), we don't know if or how many games like that Federation Force are in the works right now.

As for bad WiiU games, well, right off rom my head there's "U Sing" or something like that. But the biggest problem is not if the games are good or bad, the problem is if we want those games or not. We didn't want that Metroid 3DS game (a sidescrolled game like SuperMetroid or even a remake of it would have been received with joy), no one asked for an Amiibo Animal Crossing game, some asked for a Mario Strikers game but were given a Tenis game, StarFox is a demanded game but certainly not with those graphics, etc.

It's not the quality of those games, it's the number of games and who will buy them. Besides Xenoblade, there's not a single E3 game shown or revealed from Nintendo that I'll buy. And that is sad.

If Super mario maker, fatal frame, star fox zero, SMT x fire emblem, yoshi woolly world, fire emblem fates, triforce heroes dont interest you, then maybe you shouldnt speak as if you were a nintendo fan. Because that includes all the favourite nintendo franchises. Also i think nintendo learned from this E3, reggie even said he knew they werent gonna like it at first, but he trusted next level games to make a still really cool spin-off game. As a metroid fan im still dissapointed, doesnt mean it will be bad. When nintendo delivers, they really do it. And they have delivered all the time until this E3, one E3 isnt gonna change my whole opinion how nintendo makes games. I still beleive there upcoming line-up is strong, and because its zelda and metroid 30th anniversary next year, i believe nintendo has soemthing planned. we will jsut have to wait and see

Unless you love 2D  platformers, Nintendo has not delivered for the Wii u during most of its lifespan to date

super mario 3D world, bayonetta 2, smash bros, mario kart 8, wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, mario party 10,captain toad treasure tracker, hyrule warriors, Legend of zelda Windwaker HD, also upcoming Star Fox Zero, Xenbolade chronicles X, Fatal frame, SMT X fire emblem, Zelda U. i think i even now forgot some, and this is not counting 2D platformers, where tropical freeze is the best 2D platformer game i ever played

Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:

I only see positive things, i hope iwata is a man of his word, if he is , we will be satisfied

all you have to do is look at a variety of statements he has made at Investor meetings and otherwise to see he is most def NOT a man of his word- 

Although Iwata is more sophisticated than Reggie-  they ahve about the same "truthfulness" track record

They dropped the Wii 2+ years before release for the Wii U (w no warning word etc and the Wii had 100 mil userbase-   so i can t imagine they will support a userbase of under 10 mill on a console they are losing money on better than they dod the Wii (and they were also making money on the Wii hardware- something they are not doing so faron the Wii u (unless there is an update from Nitendo saying otherwise that i have not seen yet)

The Wii was released 2006 and ended 2012 before the release of the Wii U, 6 year life cycle is what everyone in the 7th gen had

but they barely released any games for the wii u the last 2 years  and they barely released any games for the Wii U the 1 st year

Not sure if joking or not

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:

-Nintendo Land, NSMBU, W101, Lego City Undercover, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Zelda WW HD, Mario 3D World, Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club.

all but 2 of those games were delayed by 4, 6, 10/12 months AFTER LAUNCH  so Nintendo Land (tech demo+/-  and NSMBU no rela dif than the Wii version before it   Lego City was great but no local multuplayer (also delayed) Game Wario a mini/mini game that was mediocre andm ost people did not buy , Super LUIGI (NSMBU DLC)  Zelda dn Mario 3D World came out about 1 year after release as did Pimin (also delayed-  so it was VERY barren the 1st year then we had the holiday games you mentioned then DKTF to last  for about 6+ months-  

techinically they do.... because the only games that releases to their system are their own game!!!!!

it shows 3rd party > 1st party this gen....

nintendo should release the kraken... errr bank account to buy more studios... or money hat them...

monster hunter 5 on wii u... only

would resuscitate wii u sales in japan at least....

heck, ask platinum to make metroid or pokemon z on wii u with HD would make it big....

Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:

all but 2 of those games were delayed by 4, 6, 10/12 months AFTER LAUNCH  so Nintendo Land (tech demo+/-  and NSMBU no rela dif than the Wii version before it   Lego City was great but no local multuplayer (also delayed) Game Wario a mini/mini game that was mediocre andm ost people did not buy , Super LUIGI (NSMBU DLC)  Zelda dn Mario 3D World came out about 1 year after release as did Pimin (also delayed-  so it was VERY barren the 1st year then we had the holiday games you mentioned then DKTF to last  for about 6+ months-  

Couldn't be helped, without any 3rd party support I'd say they did a fine job on the numbers of games released.

Dunban67 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
Dunban67 said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:

You wrote "they barely released any games for the Wii U the 1 st year", that's clearly not true.

My eyes are bleeding, someone needs to chop some quote forests.