By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for PS4 owners: if the situation would be reverse? would you still play on PS4?

if the PS4 would be weaker than the Xbox One?

i would still play mainly on the PS4 229 65.24%

I would have a PS4 dueto ... 67 19.09%

I wouldnt see a reason why i should own a PS4 54 15.38%

Total:350

Absolutely

Around the Network

It could even be weaker than the Wii U

I played PS since PS2. I've had no reason to move away from PS. Unless X1 gets Dark Cloud III exclusively.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

I was going with Xbox before the X1 reveal, so i'd probably stay with Xbox.

Eddie_Raja said:
If the PS4 was half as strong as the Xbox one I would not have payed $400 for it. No way in hell. Their are other reasons to get it over the X1, but not at that price point.

thanks for pointing that out, i forget that the price should also be reversed 

Around the Network

I don't own a PS4 but I am picking one up this year. For the question, yes, I would still play it, and no specs are going to change my mind

I have a gaming PC which has more power than PS4. But I also have a PS4 because I love many PlayStation exclusives. I also have an XB1 which I bought for the exclusives though its exclusive library is dwindling and Satya Nadella's recent statement gave me no confidence but ah well I have already bought it.

As long as Quantum Break and Gears Of War 4 are great games and not on PC, I'll be satisfied with my purchase of XB1.

I prefer SONY's games so I would still be a PS4/PC owner that's looking into a WiiU.

4 ≈ One

So what we take from this is all the fuss about Xbox One only running at 900p was pointless since people have their preferred systems and would of stuck with them for the exclusives whatever happened performance wise.

I don't play many multi-plats because they seem to end up at the local used game store more often, for whatever reason. I will probably pick up an XBO eventually, but I spend most of my gaming time on the Wii U and retro consoles, for the reason stated at the start of the post.

EDIT: Just realized I only answered the thread question in my own head, here's a rough translation: I prefer the Sony exclusives out now to those on the XBO, but "Halo 5" might draw me in if the reviews are good. Wii U is my most played console because I love the quality of the exclusives - and how many there are. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7