By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for PS4 owners: if the situation would be reverse? would you still play on PS4?

if the PS4 would be weaker than the Xbox One?

i would still play mainly on the PS4 229 65.24%

I would have a PS4 dueto ... 67 19.09%

I wouldnt see a reason why i should own a PS4 54 15.38%

Total:350

I don't play on PS4 because of graphical differences. I play on it because:
- MS treated me and a lot of people as lesser beings by attempting to block us from gaming based on our country of residence
- MS treated us as criminals by making us check in every 24 hours to their service to make sure we have not become thieves in the meantime
- MS treated us like idiots by not allowing us to exchange games, unless we pay a fee to their participating retailers
- MS treated us like brainless cashmachines by forcing us to pay a premium for a useless piece of plastic that got no support at all and got dumped quickly

I had a X360, but the combination of all those points sold me a PS4. Nothing else.

It's been two years, they have changed all those policies, but I have no intention of going back to them. I am happy wity my PS4, even though almost all my games are multiplats.

Around the Network

None of the above.

I would still ONLY own PS4, because of the exclusives.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Yup, I made up my mind that I would never buy another Xbox even before both consoles were revealed.

Yes. Last gen I played most of my games in PS3 which had inferior versions of all multiplats. Its the quality and diversity of Sonys first party games kept me hooked.

i would still play the ps4, too committed to my trophy list and the exclusives are more interesting to me than the exclusives of the competition. But it is a huge plus to have the full 1080p for me.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

If only the power was reversed then I'd still play PS4. It's a much better console overall for reasons other than just power imo. Now if you asked me if the reveals of the consoles were switched around, then I would have went XB1 in a heartbeat instead of PS4.

If that's the case then I'd still choose PS4.

No.

Sorry.

I may mostly play PC, Wii U and PS3.

Ka-pi96 said:

For real?

If PS4 was as powerful as Xbox One is now (yet still way ahead of Wii U/PS3) you wouldn't even buy one?

Maybe late on the generation but not day one buyer.

Sony did everything right to win me with PS4... that is why it was my first day one console ever.

Mystro-Sama said:
Yup, I made up my mind that I would never buy another Xbox even before both consoles were revealed.

Same here. Despite X360 was my preffered system until late 2011 and I never had PS, PS2, PSP consoles. PS4 power advantage is just a bonus for me too. So yes, PS4 anyway, but not because I'm die-hard Sony fan, I'm frustrated Xbox user. So Nintendo console can be the option, but not Microsoft's.