By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for PS4 owners: if the situation would be reverse? would you still play on PS4?

if the PS4 would be weaker than the Xbox One?

i would still play mainly on the PS4 229 65.24%

I would have a PS4 dueto ... 67 19.09%

I wouldnt see a reason why i should own a PS4 54 15.38%

Total:350

I would have bought both consoles regardless. XBO might have been my go to choice for third party games, maybe.

Or I might still stick with the third party games on the PS4 just because of friends, I like the exclusives better and I don't want to pay for both Gold and PS+.

Around the Network

Of course! Most people play PS4 for the exclusives. They don't sell as well individually because their audience isn't as concentrated in one area. But overall they make the console more alluring for a wider range of people because there has to be SOMETHING you're interested in exclusive wise. Well over half my PS3 games are exclusives and about half of my PS4 ones are already. I'm not sure what I'd do without their studio's titles.

Then you add on to that the better value for your subscription (look at those sub games lists sometime and try to compare especially if you have a PS3 also), the controller which I prefer (though that's totally preference and can't be analyzed objectively as it's whatever you're used to), and if you LOWER the price? Sure.

I am Iron Man

WoodenPints said:
So what we take from this is all the fuss about Xbox One only running at 900p was pointless since people have their preferred systems and would of stuck with them for the exclusives whatever happened performance wise.

Maybe people in this more informed forum, but you fail to recognize the mindset of the more casual buyers.  All of my "lesser" gaming friends still got the PS4 because of the (Factual) perception that it is substantially stronger.

The fact is Sony can constantly tout the "Strongest Console on Earth" line and there is absolutely nothing Xbox can say back this gen.  Then throw in some interesting exclusives and it is hard to understand how MS can compete at all anymore.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I buy consoles for games, not povver. If XB1 had a significant lead then their vvould be threads about no games and only sequels. I may buy a VVii U soon for games.

I play plenty of games (compared to the average) and I still have an huge backlog. I don't see why I should buy a second console. Said that I'm a foremost an RPG player. Sure I wouldn't buy an Xbox and lose some Final Fantasy games (which all played much better on PS3) or gems like Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, NI No Kuni and and so on. I'll stick with the PlayStation, thank you.

Still.. that isn't the case, is it? The PS4 has got the games AND the performances. At least the ones I was looking for.