By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham Knight- overhyped game? PC sales suspended.

I'm pretty sure a chunk of the reviews on Metacritic are from the same group of people. Also, no matter how much you hate the game, it isn't a 2. Also there are a lot of reviews for the PC version on the PS4 page.

Around the Network
Seihaku said:

I'm pretty sure a chunk of the reviews on Metacritic are from the same group of people. Also, no matter how much you hate the game, it isn't a 2. Also there are a lot of reviews for the PC version on the PS4 page.

If the game doesn't work, or has optimization so poor that it's actually pulled from Steam (Which I don't think has ever happened), 2 is actually being generous.

I will be borrowing it from my friend who finished it one day. He says its a waste of time. As always PC version was unoptimized and I will be happy to try this in PS4.

Metacritic user ratings mean nothing...

tivec said:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/25/warner-bros-supsends-sales-of-batman-arkham-knight-on-pc

Hype for Batman: Arkham Knight was huge, probably bigger than for Witcher 3, but did game realy meet expectations? Based on Metacritic, reviewers gives very good scores, but users think completly different. (only 6,7 on PS4, not to mention PCs 1,4!!)

What is more, Warner Bros. suspends PC sales for game due to lot of performance problems.

I didn't buy game yet and I probably did right thing to wait for some reviews to come, but I never expected sth like this!
I watched some streams from game and I must say it is a bit... boring.

What are your thoughts about new Batman? Is this game realy that bad, or as always people like to troll a lot?

DONT BELIEVE THE USER SCORES

Lots of salty PC people are scoring the PS4 and Xbone versions low to draw attention to their terrible port.

Arkham Knight is an amazing game, especially on PS4.

Around the Network

Until someone gives legit criticsm of the PS4/X1 version then no.

PC version obviously needs a patch ASAP and many users who can't run it at a rocksteady 30fps with their $800 rigs should rightly be fuming. They were clearly given a shorthand but I'm not in the habit of judging the quality of a game on something that will likely be fixed in mere days

I wonder if this suspension a result of Steam's refund system cause I am a bit surprised that they would suspend all sales of the game for the PC version just cause its running like ass. Like its a good thing that they want to fix it and not continue to sell a broken game but its just odd that a publisher would do something like this unless something else provoked them outside of the game being broken imo.

Oh well, this is why Steam's refund system exists, cause if you have shitty ports, u dont lose your money at the very least! Yayy (As long as you bought it from steam of course)

Oh and never believe user reviews, they are as crediable as a whore saying she is a virgin

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I can't even play this stupid thing on my pc which is far more powerful than a ps4 because they didn't optimize this stupid game at all it's soo annoying. I put Knight on the lowest setting and resolution settings possible and it was STILL glitchy while I play far superior (visually) games that run perfectly fine. So annoying. I already hated 3rd party companies as a Nintendo fanman, but if they start pumping out terrible pc ports too I'm gonna just give up on 3rd parties altogether.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Did the shit port of the witcher 3 on ps4 made the game worse on pc or xone? No.
Did the shit pc port of batman made the game worse onxone and ps4 ? No

people is loving the game, go see the neogaf threads.

Shit PS4/Xbone port of The Witcher 3?

tivec said:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/25/warner-bros-supsends-sales-of-batman-arkham-knight-on-pc

Hype for Batman: Arkham Knight was huge, probably bigger than for Witcher 3, but did game realy meet expectations? Based on Metacritic, reviewers gives very good scores, but users think completly different. (only 6,7 on PS4, not to mention PCs 1,4!!)

What is more, Warner Bros. suspends PC sales for game due to lot of performance problems.

I didn't buy game yet and I probably did right thing to wait for some reviews to come, but I never expected sth like this!
I watched some streams from game and I must say it is a bit... boring.

What are your thoughts about new Batman? Is this game realy that bad, or as always people like to troll a lot?

It's a Great Game, just badly optimized for PC. Buy it for PS4, and anjoy it.

You are waiting for some reviews ?  PS4 Version is at 90% Metacritic, and here we go with the last Review :

5/5 from The Guardian :

Note: this is a review of the PlayStation 4 version of Arkham Knight. The PC version has been withdrawn from sale by Warner Bros owing to technical issues. This review should not be considered a reflection of the PC version of the game.

''As a culmination of three games worth of heroes and villains, Arkham Knight is a resounding delight. Rocksteady’s understanding of Batman and his universe is deliberate and convicted, and the game’s only real missteps stem from a rare misjudgment from Rocksteady about what makes this series so involving. The studio’s desire to expand just that little step too far is the only real tarnish on an exemplary superhero experience.

Arkham Knight triumphs as a richly empowering comic book fantasy that sees its hero fail almost as much as he succeeds, making him the most believable, the most occasionally unlikeable, and ultimately the most heroic he’s ever been.''

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/batman-arkham-knight/critic-reviews

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.