By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Batman: Arkham Knight- overhyped game? PC sales suspended.

I don't know about PC but I got it for PS4 and I couldn't be happier! I have to work from 6pm to 6am and I haven't slept all day. All I can think about is this game! I'm gonna try to get an hour and a half of sleep before work but I'm tempted to play more and worry about consequences, later!

For me, it exceeds any expectations, so far.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I don't know about PC but I got it for PS4 and I couldn't be happier! I have to work from 6pm to 6am and I haven't slept all day. All I can think about is this game! I'm gonna try to get an hour and a half of sleep before work but I'm tempted to play more and worry about consequences, later!

For me, it exceeds any expectations, so far.

PS4 Version is a Marvel, as you said.

The complaints are about the PC version.  But it appears that some people still didn't realize that...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

No its not overhyped. The game itself is fucking awesome. Its just the PC port that is making people salty.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

The game's definitely not overhyped. It's a quality title with a half-assed PC port. For what it's worth though, after a few early crashes the PC version has been working just fine for me.

mornelithe said:
Seihaku said:

I'm pretty sure a chunk of the reviews on Metacritic are from the same group of people. Also, no matter how much you hate the game, it isn't a 2. Also there are a lot of reviews for the PC version on the PS4 page.

If the game doesn't work, or has optimization so poor that it's actually pulled from Steam (Which I don't think has ever happened), 2 is actually being generous.

I should have clarified I was referencing the PS4 version. The PC one is a disaster.

Around the Network

Metacritic user reviews are about as reliable as a mug with no bottom is useful for drinking with, but the PC version is pretty bad. The game itself appears to be great, I've heard little but praise from those who own it on the PS4 and X1, but i'd recommend avoiding the PC version for now. It's really not worth it.

Origins got a lot of flak but Knight is getting a free pass on everything from almost all reviewers.. a joke, as usual. Origins > Knight, btw.

PC gamer mind:

The game isn't vastly superior to the console version ? Then, it sucks.

Seihaku said:
mornelithe said:

If the game doesn't work, or has optimization so poor that it's actually pulled from Steam (Which I don't think has ever happened), 2 is actually being generous.

I should have clarified I was referencing the PS4 version. The PC one is a disaster.

I just think we as gamer's are setting ourselves up, by setting these precedents.  Do we want to play the game?  Yes, absolutely.  But, does buying it en-masse on a platform where it works, do anything to tell devs this kind of product is unacceptable?  No way.  It makes me wonder, if Nintendo was clearly ahead this gen, and every 3rd party was focusing on Wii U first, how would the other 3 platforms look?

I feel the same way about timed exclusivity/DLC/etc... so, I'm fairly consistent in this.

It seems only PC port is broken