By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Breaking News: Boston bomber tells victims he's sorry as judge formally sentences him to death

What do you think of the death sentence?

Well deserved! 201 56.46%

He showed remorse; he sho... 73 20.51%

I am undecided 12 3.37%

see results 70 19.66%

Total:356
LipeJJ said:
Sounds like he's trying to avoid the death sentence by using a cliche. But anyway, I don't agree with death sentences... someone kills people, which is completely absurd, and then you combat it by killing the killer? Doesn't sounds right. Just leave him in a bad jail for the rest of his life... I'm sure it'll be more than enough.

By that logic people who kidnap and imprison people should not go to prison for that crime. Still, I oppose the death penalty on the off chance that they get it wrong. If one in a thousand people on death row is innocent that's to many in my opinion.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
mochachino said:

To all the people saying they should let him live:

^DEAD

JUST A SAMPLE OF HIS WORK

Thank you for proving my point. What does this have to do with the Boston Bomber living other than your emotions towards the victims? Again, lives should not be lost due to random peoples opinions. Why would someone stoop so low as to wish death upon someone just for piece of mind? It makes literally no sense.

Exactly, why should the victims of a crime matter at all?

Where you either win

or you DIE

kitler53 said:
HylianYoshi said:
Put him to death; he took more than one life, so it's more than fair to have his taken.

what he did was horrible.   it is also a horrible excuse to justify taking the same horrible actions. 

It's actually rather light given that he has only one life to give. The justice system should punish people to deter them so the punishment should exceed the crime or at least reflect the nature of the severity of the crime.

Where you either win

or you DIE

A_C_E said:

What he did was terrible because he took lives. You'd think people would realize that taking a life is terrible but unfortunately people are still happy to see this guy be put to death. How does this make sense? Why do people justify certain things just because it matches their perspective. A person who supports death is a person who supports death, period. A person or community should never make decisions on another persons life based off of human perception. People just love to think that if something feels morally right then its right. This shouldn't be the practice when the human mind is so full of itself and has incredible emotional blockage. Who are we as human beings to decide the fate of another person, we can't even come up with a proper Court system, fully support our own governments/products/policies that have come to fruition since we have organized ourselves as systematical human beings.

Why would people not justify things with their own perspective? Of course people are going to see something as justified if it is compatiable with their perspective. 

Also "a person who supports death is a person who supports death" is a meaningless Tautology. 

If people are not to make decisons about the life of others using a human's perception then what kind of perception should we use? 

Everybody has differing morals and they stem from a number of things such as tradition, mythology, reason and empathy. Why on earth would people think something is right (ie good in this case) when it is not compatiable with their morals?

As for "Who are we as human beings to decide the fate of another person" goes out the window for people who do not afford it to others. If you decide someone's fate by murdering them then it makes sense for you to lose the right to decide your own fate.

The justice system is a complete mess I will agree but we cannot abandon it until it reaches perfection, and in this case the accused is guilty beyond even unreasonable doubt.

If their is a very small but reasonable chance the murder is innocent then life in a very uncomfortable prison would do just fine.

Where you either win

or you DIE

The family guy cartoon makers maybe say sorry to someone and explain the episode turban cowboy? 29 days before Boston marathon? The cowboy hero who save lifes and then selling his hat to make money? BRAINWASHING we focus on the tree and lose the forest

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
A_C_E said:

Thank you for proving my point. What does this have to do with the Boston Bomber living other than your emotions towards the victims? Again, lives should not be lost due to random peoples opinions. Why would someone stoop so low as to wish death upon someone just for piece of mind? It makes literally no sense.

Exactly, why should the victims of a crime matter at all?

Who said the victims of the crime don't matter at all? If someone is against the death penalty you should be able to figure out that same person is against the killing of an innocent person. What's the point of putting words into peoples mouth?

SlayerRondo said:

Why would people not justify things with their own perspective? Of course people are going to see something as justified if it is compatiable with their perspective. 

--A_C_E--This is why people kill innocent people in the first place is due to their perspective, how they see something and how they think it should turn out....jesus...how much faith in humanity do you have? The human brain is far from a perfect system.

Also "a person who supports death is a person who supports death" is a meaningless Tautology. 

If people are not to make decisons about the life of others using a human's perception then what kind of perception should we use? 

--A_C_E--I'm saying that we shouldn't kill people based on our perspective. It shouldn't take any perspective because it is morally wrong to kill people.

Everybody has differing morals and they stem from a number of things such as tradition, mythology, reason and empathy. Why on earth would people think something is right (ie good in this case) when it is not compatiable with their morals?

--A_C_E--Actually there is zero evidence that morals stem from tradition, mythology or reason. Morals stem from one's own well-being which can translate to empathy based on how we would feel for someone else in the same situation. If your religious and think morals are given by the Bible or Quran or a Creator Deity then that's your right to believe but there is zero factual evidence that suggests this is the case.

As for "Who are we as human beings to decide the fate of another person" goes out the window for people who do not afford it to others. If you decide someone's fate by murdering them then it makes sense for you to lose the right to decide your own fate.

--A_C_E--What other people do should not affect what one does. It is absolutely pathetic of our human brains to succumb to the principles of the people we morally disagree with so wholeheartedly, that my friend is what is called corruption. Once someone gives up what they stand for due to an outlying cause is the moment one should re-evualuate one's self.

The justice system is a complete mess I will agree but we cannot abandon it until it reaches perfection, and in this case the accused is guilty beyond even unreasonable doubt.

--A_C_E--The justice system will never be perfect because it is done by the human mind. Well, I don't want to say never but it certainly won't be perfect within the next 300 years.

If their is a very small but reasonable chance the murder is innocent then life in a very uncomfortable prison would do just fine.

I felt like it would make more sense or be easier to read if I responded by each point you made within your own post.

Death should be followed after spending a month in state, naked and greased with his hands tired behind his back.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Where's the "death sentences are fucking savage" option? Seriously, people running around with guns, death sentences galore, and the British colonial measurement system, does the US want to look like a third world country?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Azuren said:
Death should be followed after spending a month in state, naked and greased with his hands tired behind his back.

you know, I can understand people becoming emotional and demanding "revenge", but what you are suggesting sounds more like some kind of perversion