By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Breaking News: Boston bomber tells victims he's sorry as judge formally sentences him to death

What do you think of the death sentence?

Well deserved! 201 56.46%

He showed remorse; he sho... 73 20.51%

I am undecided 12 3.37%

see results 70 19.66%

Total:356

To all the people saying they should let him live:

^DEAD

JUST A SAMPLE OF HIS WORK

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
I dont believe in death sentenses.

I think its too easy a way out, he should have a tiny dark cell, that will be messerable to stay in, and he should have a loooooooong life to enjoy that small cell in.

Yeah, too bad this NEVER happens.

Hell Charles Manson NEARLY got married last year! MARRIED! Ted Bundy, WHILE IN JAIL, was able to have kids! Richard Ramirez also was able to get married and had a great life.

Death penalty is the ONLY solution, but it has to be carried swiftly.

mochachino said:

To all the people saying they should let him live:

^DEAD

JUST A SAMPLE OF HIS WORK

Thank you for proving my point. What does this have to do with the Boston Bomber living other than your emotions towards the victims? Again, lives should not be lost due to random peoples opinions. Why would someone stoop so low as to wish death upon someone just for piece of mind? It makes literally no sense.

Lawlight said:
Areym said:
He deserves to lose every limb in his body, just like some of his victims lost theirs, and then left to rot.

That's inhumane. We're not in Game of Thrones. Put him to rest so that he's not a waste of taxpayers' money.

Who cares about being humane when it comes to the scum of society? It's time we victims FIGHT BACK! Enough is enough! Anyway I think we should use him for human experimentation. Why use innocent animals when we have murderers and child molesters around?

Killing doesn't justify more killing. My personal opinion.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
Nuvendil said:
The "two wrongs don't make a right" argument faces an obvious issue: all forms of punishment are actions that are wrong on their own without the justification of punishing someone for a criminal act. Is it not wrong to throw someone in a cage for decades? Is it not wrong to restrict their liberties? Is it not every form of punishment wrong outside the context of punishment? Justice is punishment for the evil, protection for the law abiding. The punishment should fit the crime. Oh and sentencing someone to multiple life sentences *is* killing them, essentially. Slowly.

As for this guy, not only has he been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he even admitted he did it. Under the law, that is sufficient for me to be comfortable with his sentence considering the heinousness of his crime.

But your causing the issue of saying its wrong to lock someone away as if its on the same level as killing someone. It just depends on an individuals psycopathy levels. People are ok with convicted criminals being confined to a jail cell with access to books, workout equipment, jobs/duties and other rights. When it comes to ending another person's life is where I do not consider myself equal in respect to most people in USA.

In no way does this mans existence hinder anybody else outside of the confinements perimeter. What this means is that the only way for this subject to have affect on anyone would be emotionally/mentally. Human beings LOVE to jump to conclusions without reasonable thought and base their knowledge off an emotional standing. Epistemologically speaking this does not make any sense and therefore most likely will not lead to a sensible conclusion, which is why the death penalty still exists today and we kill people who kill other people. Throwing someone in jail is wrong on account of innocence, but when someone is guilty - of anything - top security confinement and life without parole should be the highest conviction served by a court.

Convicting a person then throwing them in jail is offering society the not the piece of mind but the actual assurance of safety. When you kill a convicted murderer you're mearly offering peace of mind; killing someone for peace of mind sounds kind of religious to me, sorry.

We don't kill people who kill people.

We kill people who MURDER people and there is a massive distinction.

"Life without parole" is not even a punishment. If it was why do 98% of people who face the death penalty either appeal it, fight it, or plea bargain it? VERY, VERY few people who face the death penalty accept it.

Jeffrey Dahmer - avoided the death penalty

Richard Ramirez - used every appeal in the books to fight it

Ted Bundy -was a complete mess when he finally was facing the death penalty, apparently fainted

John Wayne Gacy - refused to even believe he was going to die

Charles Manson - thanks goodness every day the death penalty was appealed while he was in jail

Jodi Arias - begged not to have the death penalty

James Holmes (Batman shooter) - is fighting for his life not to face the death penalty

Boston Bomber - obviously trying to avoid it

How is this a punishment?

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2013/article/is-charles-manson-getting-married-20131120/19948/_original/1035x713-20131119-manson-x1800-1384973102.jpg - Charles Manson with a 26 year old girl. An 80 year old banging a 26 year old girl OMG THE PUNISHMENT

https://theodorerobertcowellnelsonbundy.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/ted-bundy-with-daughter-and-ugly-disgusting-woman-who-bore-her-the-cunt-who-abandoned-him-at-his-time-of-need-i-hope-she-contracted-an-std-and-led-a-miserable-life-after-ted-died-4.jpg - Ted Bundy was able to have a FRICKIN KID WHILE IN JAIL OMG TEH WORSE PUNISHMENT EVAH

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/08/article-0-1F79CA1400000578-520_470x423.jpg - video games and movies. The torture!

Also you forget the possibiltiy of them escaping, overcrowded prisons, a change in convcition, paperwork gone wrong, etc. etc.

StuOhQ said:
Killing doesn't justify more killing. My personal opinion.

YEah and it's a good opinion.

On the other hand MURDERING someone DOES justify killing that person.

Gilgamesh said:

Does it not make sense to punish someone by making them spend the whole life in jail instead of just killing him off?

No because people in prison find ways to enjoy the little things in life.

For example, notorious serial killer John Wayne Gacy started painting.

TJ Lane, the shooter with the "Killer" shirt had tons of entertainment options (such as schools, Pokemon cards, games, etc. etc.) and was also able to smuggle in drugs.

Manson of course LOVES the prison life and didn't even want out when offered. He also nearly got married to a 26 year old.

Killing them is the PERFECT punishment because it's what these people DO NOT WANT. When Ted Bundy faced the chair he nearly collapsed and was apparently a sweaty mess. Before that he was all smiles.

Think of it this way - if it's an easy way out why do 95% of them plea bargain, appeal, or fight the death penalty sentences? Why was Jodi Arias begging the jury not to put her to death? Why is Batman shooter James Holmes in court fighting not to be put to death?

JRPGfan said:
I dont believe in death sentenses.

I think its too easy a way out, he should have a tiny dark cell, that will be messerable to stay in, and he should have a loooooooong life to enjoy that small cell in.

True but then we have to pay for him to stay alive. 

You guys already have too many killers in your prisons ,time to kill then off instead of paying for them to stay alive.

Yeah you can complain all you want about how inhumane it is, but you're the inhumane one for giving criminals free food and shelter, instead of  giving it to people who deserve it. This isn't Saudi Arabia where people are killed for insulting Islam and some other bullshit. This is cut off supply for murderers who do not deserve your tax money. Just put a bullet in his head, you guys love shooting things no?

There are more than enough crazy muzzies who want you dead in the world why give this one so much attention?