By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shareholders Meeting: LIVE REACTIONS!

UncleScrooge said:
They are going to discuss mobile, Iwata will give some flowery talk that doesn't actually mean anything, so we'll have to read the script very carefully to understand what Nintendo is planning next. And I don't think they'll talk much about e3. This is a shareholder meeting guys. They care about mobile and Nintendo's plans for NX, not reactions of hardcore gamers on gaming forums :P Sorry to say, but what we think about Nintendo's Digital Event is just not that important to the future of Nintendo.

If the internet gaming forums are a proxy for gamers (or close)  then it is very important to Nintendo-  Nintendo s revenue and  market share have dropped considerably over the last few years -  If they don t think that opinions/actions of their end user is not important then that trned of dropping revenue and market share will continue

Around the Network

Honestly guys, I wouldn't be surprised if some shareholders did ask about the terrible E3 showing. It did make the stock plummet, after all. I realize that it has since rebounded, but still, they took a hit and it probably caught their attention.

The meeting will probably be mainly about the account system and first Mobile games, which seem to get investors pulses to quicken.

Nothing on the NX and if someone brings it up there will be the customary "we plan to talk about that at a later date". Because if one thing if they say they are going to talk about something in 2016 it will be in 2016 for better or worse. If they talk about anything they will talk about the QoL platform that is coming out because they paid quite a bit of money for it.

There will be a ton of amiibo talk since that is what Nintendo is making money from and that is what investors want to hear about - The things that make money currently and how they will build on that success.

And just maybe we will hear a bit more on LoZ or a "surprise" announcment for a game that will not release until the middle of 2016 or the end.

We may hear about the shipment number of FE:Fate since it is happening now. And maybe initial digital sales, IF the game is doing well.

SJReiter said:
Honestly guys, I wouldn't be surprised if some shareholders did ask about the terrible E3 showing. It did make the stock plummet, after all. I realize that it has since rebounded, but still, they took a hit and it probably caught their attention.

"Plummet?" That's a bit dramatic.

Even on a 3-month scale I would barely call that a dip.

the_dengle said:
SJReiter said:

"Plummet?" That's a bit dramatic.

Even on a 3-month scale I would barely call that a dip.

the stock dropped  over 3% in 1 day after the Nintenod direct -  that is aa prety big drop for what is essentially a sales and marketing event, no numbers, partnerships etc announced,

not sure why you would use a 6 month chart to represent a 1 day quote-  kind of disingenuous IMO - use a week or even a month for context but 6 months is like you are trying to minimize the truth-   Considering the event, which is a time for the compnay to look its best and be a week of cheerleading, a 3% drop is going to get attention of investors          

Around the Network

Hopefully some of the meeting's contents et shared with the public.  That's always nice!

Nintendo is required by law to put the contents of the meeting up. And they do so each year. And some game sites sometimes "cover" it, if there is anything news worthy.

Here is the site they post the information to.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html

They already have some stuff up on the shareholder's meeting, just the notice that it is being held and what information will be on the site afterwards.

1- Nintendo E3 was really good when you add NWC and Treehouse Event, not to say the smash direct on saturday. Also muppets give extra points. It was a weak conference, but just that.

2- Don't think shareholders give a crap about a internet meltdown about Metroid Federation not being the Metroid they wanted. I mean, i live among you, and even i don't give crap. Too much drama was all that happened.

3- Splatoon is killing it. No one would think it could sell like that. Amiibos a probably enjoying a good moment too, Splatoon Amiibos even more.

What i want:
Hope Splatoon makes them more willing to bet on new IPs.
I doubt we will get more info about NX or Nintendo network, but let's hope.
I am curious about QoL.
I think the bigger news that can get out of there is about Mobile, so let's see.

Maybe some investor will ask about the Universal Studio theme park and the Zelda TV show airing next spring on Amazon.

Lol nvm that info was wrong.

Probably talk about the success of NWC and strong Splatoon and Amiibo sales. Probably talk about mobile games, and do some damage control on the E3 backlash.

I am thinking the QoL stuff might be fading into non-existence. They've said nothing about it since the announcement and it was mentioned at a time when they needed something new to appease the shareholders. I think they'll shift focus to NX.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P