By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shareholders Meeting: LIVE REACTIONS!

Dunban67 said:

the stock dropped  over 3% in 1 day after the Nintenod direct -  that is aa prety big drop for what is essentially a sales and marketing event, no numbers, partnerships etc announced,

not sure why you would use a 6 month chart to represent a 1 day quote-  kind of disingenuous IMO - use a week or even a month for context but 6 months is like you are trying to minimize the truth-   Considering the event, which is a time for the compnay to look its best and be a week of cheerleading, a 3% drop is going to get attention of investors          

I also linked to a chart showing three months. Isolating E3 week would be disingenuous as well. I showed the larger picture to put this small drop into appropriate perspective. Nintendo's stock has been slowly but steadily dropping all month, the dip on the 17th is not an outlier. From June 1 through June 9 their stock dropped over 5%.

The point is that this shaky month, E3 and all, is barely noticeable when looking at the past 6 months. In spite of whatever happened last week, they are up a staggering 60%+ year-to-date. Certainly that's because of the mid-March mobile bombshell, which is why I also included the 3-month chart. It shows that, even without that massive boost in the picture, their stock has been growing steadily since April. It's up over 13% since the start of that month, and not only did their little stumble after E3 not come anywhere near erasing these gains, that damage was undone within just a few trading days. They're already back up to the highest they've been since June 4. It all hardly matters because they're essentially flat since May 28, regardless of how choppy June was.

Hey, they might bring it up. I'm just saying your choice of words was a touch sensational. At a glance it looks like they've had larger single-day drops than that in the past few months, so I don't see anything unusual there. Stocks take two steps up and one step down. It's normal. I mean, if this 3% one-day drop can be called a plummet, we should call their almost 4% one-day bump a couple days ago a skyrocket. They should talk about that at the investor's meeting instead.

Man, reminds me of the old COMG points guide.

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
the_dengle said:
SJReiter said:
Honestly guys, I wouldn't be surprised if some shareholders did ask about the terrible E3 showing. It did make the stock plummet, after all. I realize that it has since rebounded, but still, they took a hit and it probably caught their attention.

"Plummet?" That's a bit dramatic.

Even on a 3-month scale I would barely call that a dip.

the stock dropped  over 3% in 1 day after the Nintenod direct -  that is aa prety big drop for what is essentially a sales and marketing event, no numbers, partnerships etc announced,

not sure why you would use a 6 month chart to represent a 1 day quote-  kind of disingenuous IMO - use a week or even a month for context but 6 months is like you are trying to minimize the truth-   Considering the event, which is a time for the compnay to look its best and be a week of cheerleading, a 3% drop is going to get attention of investors          

and now its higher than it was the day before the e3 conference, you gotta understand that stock goes up and down like that, if it went down like 20% now your talking

When we can expect some infos?

Miyamotoo said:

The meeting is at 9PM EST/6PM PST

SJReiter said:
Miyamotoo said:

The meeting is at 9PM EST/6PM PST

true. so hopefully we can get updates an hour or so after the meeting. unless some insider post something that is good.

Around the Network

Investors won't care about E3 much. They'll be more interested in areas of immediate business growth, particularly how amiibo is doing and when we can expect the first smartphone games to launch.

There'll be some questions about NX, too, and about when we'll see that and what kind of hardware it is.

EDIT: Also, some stuff on the new loyalty scheme/network improvements, and the usual semi-vague slides about future plans, including Quality of Life. I'd also expect sales figures for amiibo, Splatoon and other key titles to feature in Iwata's presentation. Perhaps some slightly more concrete statements on where Nintendo are targeting their development resources, perhaps even an admission that with Wii U selling so poorly more resources are being put behind NX to avoid a repeat scenario.

12 hours hype!!!! Lol

oooooooooooooh will they share a lot of news?

WhiteEaglePL said:
oooooooooooooh will they share a lot of news?

Haha well it depends. Sometimes they drop bombs like a few months ago when they talked about the DeNA partnership and NX. Sometimes they just talk about sales figures and such. Honestly, it sometimes all depends on if any shareholders ask interesting questions. That's where the real juicy stories can come from. 

Metroid Prime Federation Force 2