By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon has surpassed 1 Million Sales Worldwide.

So many comments about the marketing. Notice how when a game bombs on a Nintendo system the blame falls on the install base for not buying it, whereas when a game sells well it's obviously because it had a solid marketing campaign.

Next time a game bombs on Nintendo hardware, can we all agree to blame the publisher for not marketing it properly? Or will we fall back on 'Nintendo gamers only buy Mario / Zelda / Pokemon'?

Around the Network

Some celebration is in order! Can't wait to see how quickly "Super Mario Maker" gets there. Hopefully a few more hits this year will have Nintendo feeling generous about the Wii U's lifespan.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

The power of tentacles + schoolgirls + ink is real! Congrats!!! I also love the fan art of splatoon soo much too

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yes!! This means it did about 300k in US and EU probably. (maybe more like 350k US and 250k EU) but either way. This is awesome.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I can't be so joyful,since that was pretty expected and doesn't surprises me,the announcement of that fact was just a matter of time,its super legs(and constant stock depletion,as a result high digital sales,which seems to be a worldwide phenomenon not just in Japan)or to say tentacles,was a sign:P
This must be as of 21th June,so it surpassed 1m in two days and three weeks,holy sh@@@@@t................
I'm wondering if it managed to outdo,its two days in May in the USA in the three weeks of June,that's not a question,it must did it!
I predicted the hardware boost from splatoon to be in June(npd)because in May(npd) had only two days and the huge hardware sales boost by Mario kart 8 was mainly in June npd)possible but the E3 might had an adverse effect in hardware sales...
Lastly,congrats tbone,you have to reply to the many offensive or judicial posts you know in which thread and serve some crow(Lol I never use that phrase but in this case I can't avoid it!)

Around the Network

Good job for Splatoon. I will buy it when it's on sale.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Great to hear! The game is very fun to play and hopefully it'll have legs with the DLC.

I wonder how many copies needs to be sold in order to both make them money AND secure a sequel.

update the op with this:
''That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.''

source: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-has-sold-over-1-million-copies-worldwide/

Looks like NPD in june for splatoon is gonna be pretty big, although i don't know digital sales. Still think you're gonna get around 200k when you consider canada and digital won't be in the number.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X