By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think of Marijuana?

fuck that shit. waste of time. waste of money.

I like to do more active things then smoke crap and space out all day.

Around the Network

that shit is stupid. Do a real drug like coke if you want to waste your money.

PooperScooper said:
that shit is stupid. Do a real drug like coke if you want to waste your money.

I only use Diet Coke. :I I had to insert this terrible joke. I apologize.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

All drugs should be sold at the drug store. You should also be able to grow pot. The US War on drugs does more warm than good. I am currently drunk, but just drunk. Enjoy.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

any form of drug taking should be punishable by amputations of limbs, starting the the pinky finger, for traficers the punishment will be instant death, exectuted exactly where they are cought, make everyone aware of it.

Then and only then may we have a drug free countrie

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Well, heroin is completely harmless. Heroin addiction is horrible for you. But if you do heroin say... once a month, you'll have no permanent side effects. Same goes for all pure opiates. They're absorbed into your nervous system the same way your own endorphins are. This is why they're safe in moderation, but is also why they're so highly addictive. Your brain accepts them too easily so it adapts too quick and then needs more of them. The addiction is what messes up your diet by shutting down your digestive and excretory systems for too long, and makes you look like you aged 100 years in 10 years.

Erego, heroin is safer than marijuana, because smoking anything is horrible for your lungs and thus your entire cardiovascular system.

And alcohol is the most dangerous drug on the planet due to its decreasing inhibitions, increased sense of invincibility, decreased reflexes, drowsiness, decreased judgment, and decreased motor skills. Drunk driving alone kills more people per year than every other drug combined. And what it does to your liver is worse than what marijuana does to your lungs.

So with health reasons alone, I have flipped the alcohol-marijuana-heroin scale, although there are ways to ingest marijuana without the smoke, which make it almost as health risk-free as heroin.

That aside, I'm for legalization of all drugs, even the bad ones and the suicidal ones, because I think individual citizens of voting age should be in complete control of their bodies and allowed to do whatever they want to themselves, no matter how stupid their decisions and actions may be. I think all drugs should be legal and driving on any drug should be super-illegal.

Whoa, you had the worst experience on salvia? That shit is hilarious. It's legal, cheap, and insanely intense and dissociative. If you're insane and have lots of balls and a good safe babysitter you trust, I recommend it.

Health includes addiction.  Last time I checked a debilitating addiction isn't healthy.  The study makes that clearer than I did in the original post, but the point is well taken.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Tried it maybe 10 times, never liked it, now I haven't smoked a joint in 3 years - I probably won't do it again.
One reason may be that I don't smoke cigarettes, that's why I always experienced an unpleasant "tobacco flash" first. But I don't like the fuzzy feeling of being slooow and losing control either.
I definitely prefer being drunk.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Mostly harmless. Legalize it, regulate it, promote responsible use just like other legal drugs, and watch it cost society less.

I actually knew a person whose life had been improved by marijuana. He used to have problems with rage and aggression. When I knew him the chronic had turned him into a calm and productive (if unambitious) person.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

PDF said:
The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system5 and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine6. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana7. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana's effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.

Effects on the Lungs

A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers8. Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Even infrequent abuse can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, often accompanied by a heavy cough. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency to obstructed airways9. Smoking marijuana possibly increases the likelihood of developing cancer of the head or neck. A study comparing 173 cancer patients and 176 healthy individuals produced evidence that marijuana smoking doubled or tripled the risk of these cancers10.

Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens9,11. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke12. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells13. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

I am always willing to hear arguments on the other side, especially if they are backed up by actual data.  Marijuana does have a high amount of tar, but a low amount of carcinogens.  Smoking just about anything can be bad for you.  I had never read that before about the increased risk of heart attack, though I have also never heard of people having heart-related problems while smoking.  I have heard that for cocaine use.

Marijuana certainly can affect the mind in negative ways and those who smoke it have to take the bad with the good.  It is definitely good to be educated about it either way.

I still do recommend that everyone try it at least once.  Unlike ecstasy, cocaine, and some of the harder core prescription drugs and opiates, marijuana cannot kill you when you smoke it.   

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Im ok with weed. Done it a handful of times. Will do it again, but its not incredibly amazing to me. I prefer staying sober but I love some alcohol every now and then. In 3 months time, I may smoke once and drink 10 nights.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!