By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How long until ps4 slim ?

2016 for sure.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Im leaning more towards 2017... but it could happend near end of 2016.
Im just hopeing Nintendo's next chip is not 28nm... but instead something like 16/14nm with FinFETs.

V-r0cK said:
2017, 4 yrs after the launch of PS4. 2016 still seems too soon.

The PS2 slimline was released 2004, 4 yrs after the launch of the original PS2.

in today's consumer market

its not too soon atall

as products need refreshment

End of 2016.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Early 2017. Ms will be late 2016

Around the Network

the ps4 is actually slim but wait until 2016-2018 there will be a cost efficient cheaper made slim ps4

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

2017, people saying 2016 do not seem to understand how a "slim" console is made

I think 2017.

Intrinsic said:

And LOL at ur belief that from 28nm you can easily go to 7nm... If we see a 7nm chip by 2025 that would be a technological breakthrough. You obviously aren't aware of all the problems and complications of die shrinks. 

First 7nm chip is already out (IBM, GlobalFoundries, Samsung, SUNY):

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2015/07/ibm-unveils-industrys-first-7nm-chip-moving-beyond-silicon/

globalisateur said:
Intrinsic said:

And LOL at ur belief that from 28nm you can easily go to 7nm... If we see a 7nm chip by 2025 that would be a technological breakthrough. You obviously aren't aware of all the problems and complications of die shrinks. 

First 7nm chip is already out (IBM, GlobalFoundries, Samsung, SUNY):

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2015/07/ibm-unveils-industrys-first-7nm-chip-moving-beyond-silicon/

hehe

'Intrinsic' has this habit of pushing everything long into the future and beahving like an expert on the stuff

nice to see 7nm chip,most probably we will see 20nm or 14nm next year 2016 for PS4 SLIM & XBONE SLIM

then probably just proabably,if they are able to make it,see 7nm in PS4 SUPER SLIM & XBONE SUPER SLIM in 2018-19