By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there any rpg that can match the greatness of Final Fantasy X?

Lost Odyssey is easily better and as far as FF games go IV, VI, VII and IX are better then X.

Around the Network

Gave up on FF, haven't played it. IX was the last I played till recently when I played XIII-1 and the first MMO...
Neither of these were reasons to get back into FF and there seems to be even less of a reason with how FFXV looks.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Almost any Final Fantasy before X takes the cake... Is this thread legitimate?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:
Ka-pi96 said:
There's only one, and it's called Final Fantasy VIII.

I think you mean Final Fantasy VI Kapi ; )

I've never played that one

You have to correct that! It is the best in the series, but even if you don't find it to be THE best, it is definitely one of the best. Plus it has aged very well. The sprites are top of the line and beautiful (think Chrono Trigger level of visuals and sound.) The story is just as good as the PS1 games that built on top of it (VI was the first truly cinematic FF.) The world is fun to explore and the steampunk atmosphere is a good complement to VII's cyberpunk. The best part of the game was the characters. Except for about three or four of them they are all really developed, relatable, and interesting (with no suspension of disbelief that the more recent titles had going for them.) Kefka is an awesome villian who is evil for the sole reason of being a power-hungry psychopath who wants to destroy the world, and Terra and Celes are great protagonists (I consider them the two main protagonists of the game, even though there really isn't an official one.) 

Chris Hu said:
Lost Odyssey is easily better

Yep Lost Odyssey was such a gem. It was what 6th and/or 7th generation Final Fantasy should've been. It's a shame only 360 owners got to experience it, as I think we'd have Lost Odyssey 2 otherwise. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:
Ka-pi96 said:
There's only one, and it's called Final Fantasy VIII.

I think you mean Final Fantasy VI Kapi ; )

I've never played that one

O:

o:

Well, if you can play it some time, I would recommend it. I think it's a pretty good RPG. : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

0815user said:
i'm sure a lot of people pointed out a lot of jrpgs already but has anyone mentioned ff13 yet? yup i'm serious.

yeah. for me XIII is better than X.  someone also posted his preference.  why did you asked?

Honestly ones of the worst in the FF series for me as it reminds me so much of 13. Characters are dumb story is worse. I would put Lunar DS over it. Seriously. IMO

There are good RPG's and there are bad RPG's. As such, it is dependant on ones tastes. For the OP, Final Fantasy X is the best. Others have opinions. For me? I still need to play Xenoblade Chronicles to give you my final answer.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I Love final fantasy ix, 10x better than x.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."