By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Last of Us" is better than "walking dead, i'm Legend and the road"

I have been playing The Last of Us the past few days, and I haven't been addicted to a game this much for a long time. I do like to note that Joel and Ellie remind me of Lee and Clementine, however.

Naughty Dog are probably the developer that is the most consistently good.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Dgc1808 said:
I can't compare TLOU to the things you're comparing it to.

Why not?!

Just doesn't make sense to me. I Judge game, movies and tv shows very differently. 

4 ≈ One

yeah its better than those

"TLOU is better than The Road."

Um, no.

Even though games and movies should not be compared. The Road was sad and only sadder, hunger, starvation, betrayal the freaking greyer than grey world. The last of us was generaly sad too but at least gave the characters a motivation to keep living. To me the last of us made a bigger impact.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
spemanig said:
"TLOU is better than The Road."

Um, no.

both are amazing : D
great worlds and characters - but TLOU has more interesting characters and of course - the awesome gameplay. ^^

Nothing is better than "I am Legend" !

...oh, you are talking about the movie?

EVERYTHING is better than "i am Legend"!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

No way it's better than the Road, not even close...

It might be better than the Walking Dead (tv show at least) but the Walking Dead is a very badly writen show at times so yeah.

I just don't see what makes the story so special. It's zombies (yes they basically are zombies. Call them whatever you like), blood is the cure to the zombie apocolyse (done often enough before. I am Legend, 28 weeks later), people try the secure the area by killing everything, there are scavengers and people are killing over food. Guy who lost his daugter bonds with a girl like her. It's all very much done before, and I thought the story lacked originality.

It wasn't badly written, sure, but I don't see why it would be so special. A good and well polished but hardly groundbreaking in my opinion

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Porcupine_I said:
Nothing is better than "I am Legend" !

...oh, you are talking about the movie?

EVERYTHING is better than "i am Legend"!

is this a insider : - D ?

Read the Walking Dead graphic novel and try again.

Hmm, pie.