By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Last of Us" is better than "walking dead, i'm Legend and the road"

I didn't like the movie version of The Road, though I did like its post-apocalyptic setting. Haven't read the book so I can't comment. I am Legend was ordinary but pretty decent so no problem there with TLoU being better. The Walking Dead has been brilliant, but it's fallen away just a little bit. However I would say early TWD >TLOU. We'll see how further games hold up. TLOU is one of the greats.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Ocilayton said:
TWD game has a much better plot and characters imo

I will never, ever understand the hype over the walking dead game. It was a friggin chore to play thru. And the acting was painful and horribly cheesy. My best friend, who is in the film industry as a screenwriter/director (but also a gamer), overheard me playing some of TWD and also commented on how painful it was to witness. 

To each their own. But I just don't get it. 

I love the twd tv series but the game by telltale was also a chore for me, bought it because of the hype and because i love the tv series, but i think that is not my kind of game.

About TLoU, i also loved it, and i was really sad when the game ended... Because i didn't want it to end, i wanted more...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I can't compare TLOU to the things you're comparing it to.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
I can't compare TLOU to the things you're comparing it to.

Why not?!

Actually, I disagree with it being better than The Walking Dead. I actually felt the opposite. That's just me, and I played both, for the record. ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
pitzy272 said:

I will never, ever understand the hype over the walking dead game. It was a friggin chore to play thru. And the acting was painful and horribly cheesy. My best friend, who is in the film industry as a screenwriter/director (but also a gamer), overheard me playing some of TWD and also commented on how painful it was to witness. 

To each their own. But I just don't get it. 

I love the twd tv series but the game by telltale was also a chore for me, bought it because of the hype and because i love the tv series, but i think that is not my kind of game.

About TLoU, i also loved it, and i was really sad when the game ended... Because i didn't want it to end, i wanted more...

i so BADLY wanted the game to end. because i wanted both Ellie and Joel to live, i was honestly on my last nerv. "just end... just end" i remember thinking to my self and hoping, when we were on the hill going back to that town where Joels brother lived. when the ND logo came out and the credits started rolling i was just reliefed... i loved the game, it was fantastic, and while i of course wanna play more, i was happy when it ended. 

bananaking21 said:

i so BADLY wanted the game to end. because i wanted both Ellie and Joel to live, i was honestly on my last nerv. "just end... just end" i remember thinking to my self and hoping, when we were on the hill going back to that town where Joels brother lived. when the ND logo came out and the credits started rolling i was just reliefed... i loved the game, it was fantastic, and while i of course wanna play more, i was happy when it ended. 

Last time a game refused to end, a certain cowboy died.

Wright said:
bananaking21 said:

Last time a game refused to end, a certain cowboy died.

you shut your whore mouth!!

why?..... why!!!!!

*sobs controllably*

best.... game...... ever.....

Yep, hard to do better than this game, every aspect of the game was ideal. I am not even sure Naughty dog themselves will do better for the next one (TLOU2).

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Best game of the last 2 generations.

this are big and awesome words for the producer : )

joel and sarah, elli, tess - so great < 3 elli is a strong girl.