By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo could have won E3 2015

Sony didn't win the E3 for those games, but they won for giving their fanbase what they asked for, something Nintendo has been missing on Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

so if they only do 2/3rds of what Sony did they already won?... okay i guess

lets forget about announcing an amazing and promising new IP *coughHorizoncough*, a new trailer for one of the most anticipated games for the console *coughUncharted4cough* which in nintendos case would be more proper footage of Zelda U and another new IP thats different from what everyone is doing in the industry *coughDreamscough*

sorry im kind of sick of some bullshit ive been reading on the internet so i cant avoid coughing a lot....

One title: EarthBound collection for the 3DS. All three games released on a cartrige, maybe with a new artstyle (maybe cartoony 3D clay-like?). It would have had compensated poor Federation Force.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This is like saying Half-Life 3 gets announced and is equivalent to any other sequel because "it's just a sequel".

What can I say? That's actually how Sony "won".

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Want to try this again without the obvious stealth trolling of Sony?

Eh...I thought it was funny.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

estebxx said:

lets forget about announcing an amazing and promising new IP *coughHorizoncough*, a new trailer for one of the most anticipated games for the console *coughUncharted4cough* which in nintendos case would be more proper footage of Zelda U and another new IP thats different from what everyone is doing in the industry *coughDreamscough*

sorry im kind of sick of some bullshit ive been reading on the internet so i cant avoid coughing a lot....

you cant win E3 by announcing new IPs at least thats what history has shown us.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

If they showed Zelda U at all, the reception would of course have been much more positive.

There's a way they could have announced Metroid Prime : Federation Force without annoying the fans. If they had a follow-up interview segment introducing a Metroid producer talking about the next home console Metroid, showed some artwork, and promised some info next year that would have been fine. I mean that's precisely what they did with Zelda before, right?

Even if Nintendo had a new F-Zero game to show on top of all that, most people would still think Sony won E3. And by that I really mean Fast Racing Neo.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

This is, honestly, pretty fantastic. A love a good double meaning read that speaks of truth.

In all honesty though, at least Sony is giving their fans what they want.

kljesta64 said:
estebxx said:

you cant win E3 by announcing new IPs at least thats what history has shown us.

well then good thing i didnt only mention new IPs

but in my case announcing new Ips is the most important thing of E3, thats why i consider Recore the best thing Microsoft showed at their conference, i find that way more exciting than being able to play the dozens of games i already played years ago (not that BC is a small thing, rather that for me new games (especially new ips) is a much bigger deal, and ive said it before in various threads, every single gen my favorite games are always new IPs, Bloodborne is already one of my favorite games (not just on the PS4 but of all time) and Horizon has me more excited than the Trifecta of megatons that Sony announced at E3 by far, Horizon for me (from what i saw of it) look like it puts souls to shame, it honestly look like one of the most unique and promising games ive seen in my life.