By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider vs Street Fighter Double Standards

Mmmfishtacos said:
Azerth said:
Easy sony can do no wrong while ms can only do wrong.

And anyone who thinks street fighter (one of if not the most popular fighting game) wouldnt have been made is crazy

It's not that it wouldn't have been made it's when it would have been made. You should reaserch What they were saying about SF years ago before this deal was even concived. 

Exactly this.  SFV would have come years later.  I mean, no sooner than 2020, had Sony not paid to have the game on their console.  So,  Xbox will never see any version of Street Fighter V, rather it be super street fighter v, Street Fighter V: Third Strike, Ultra Street Fighter V: Super Turbo Champion Edition EX Plus Alpha Max, or whatever they call it.

Xbox doesn't have an "Uncharted" game, so they paid for limited exclusivity to keep the game away from PS4 for a limited time.

Around the Network
Dusk said:
Normchacho said:

What? Battlefront isn't a timed exclusive for anybody...

My bad, Bobafett then. It's not timed, but it is exclusive.

It's a exclusive marketing deal, not even comparable... Sony doesn't pay nothing for this initally. It means Sony is in charge of Marketing and advertising the title. So i comes to Xbox the same day with everything. BUT it's advertisement will make people prefer it on Sony's Console like Destiny. Sony spends money on making the game known and that's about it.

Dusk said:
Normchacho said:

What? Battlefront isn't a timed exclusive for anybody...

Wait? Are you talking about the Disney Infinity starter pack? Really?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Pipedream24 said:

It's all business, plain and simple. This misconception that Sony, Microsoft, Square Enix, Capcom, or any other video game company really cares about anything but making money is just downright silly. Microsoft needed a franchise to compete with Uncharted this fall (before it got delayed). Square Enix was offered money for timed exclusivity which substantially reduces their risk. It's a win-win situation for the companies.

Sony needed an exclusive fighting game to compete with Killer Instinct on the Xbox One. So they paid Capcom to develop Street Fighter V on the PS4. Again, win-win situation for both companies.

I really don't think Killer Instinct was worrying sony.  It's just one fighting game, afterall.

Vocal minorities. Can I say "minorities"? These are sensitive times.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
DonFerrari said:

FF VII Remake was also clear... coming first to Playstation... not "Coming exclusive this holiday for X1"

OK I will admit that. It was a PR disaster. 

It seems like MS can't Avoide the opportunity for bad pr.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

d21lewis said:
Vocal minorities. Can I say "minorities"? These are sensitive times.

you used it correctly. So no one should complain lol. 

Torillian said:
I would imagine a large part of this is that Tomb Raider was announced before the exclusivity was announced and there was no indication that SE was going to wait on a Tomb Raider sequel before it was announced.

SFV on the other hand was announced immediately as an exclusive and rumors before that had been going around that it would take years until Capcom decided to make a completely new Street Fighter so people were just happy to see that it was happening.

The first seems more like those multiplat exclusive deals people hate in general such as the Destiny PS4 exclusive stuff while the second seems more like Bayonetta 2 which got complaints but most people agree that without Nintendo it would not have been made and that helps temper the situation.

took the words right out of my mouth

Mmmfishtacos said:
Dusk said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Sony helped fund SF5 to get the game out much sooner.

MS is giving money to keep TR off Ps4 at least for the holidays.

See the differences between the two?

Exclusive to PS4, it still would have come out eventually, probably after the next Monster Hunter game, and it would have been multiplat.

Yeah, extra money for timed exclusivity, like FFVII or Battlefront.

Not really. I think it's your perception as to what benefits you. I don't own either console so neither benefit me at this point.

I own every console plus pc. My perception isn't what you think it is. 

Apparently not. So with the clarification do you still share you same stance as before?

My bad for jumping the gun on your perceptions

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Teflon02 said:
Dusk said:

It's a exclusive marketing deal, not even comparable... Sony doesn't pay nothing for this initally. It means Sony is in charge of Marketing and advertising the title. So i comes to Xbox the same day with everything. BUT it's advertisement will make people prefer it on Sony's Console like Destiny. Sony spends money on making the game known and that's about it.

Doesn't matter what kind of deal it is. There is still a deal made. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. You market, we give extra. You pay, we give extra. Same thing. Bobafett was said to be exclusive to PS4. It's still exclusivity and they did something for it, whether it's marketing, paying, putting on knee pads, it makes no differences. Services were offered and exchanged for other services. There is no moral high or low ground here, it's all business. Each and every business is going to try to do what is best for them to succeed and make profits.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.