By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What is Nathan Drake doing in Jurrassic World!?

GribbleGrunger said:
Where is this from? If it's an official pic then I want to know why they've gone to the trouble of showing us a completely redesigned Jak and Daxter:

It's happening?

Man Jak looks fucking creepy. Like one of those little troll doll things 

Around the Network
taus90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Thats because Nathan Drake is the ultimate action star. His character has is basically the typical funny Indiana Jones type so I can see where Chris Pratt would seem like him. He would make an amazing Nathan Drake.

no litterally his mannerism from dialogue delivery and banters are spot on.. before this movie I was all for team Nathan Fillion. Even last year when he was rumored for the movie, which he apparantely turned down.. i was like thank god he is not doing it, cant see him as a drake.. but after JW i cant think anybody better suited for the role.

Nah, I think it was the producers that chose Mark Walburg for the roll rather than Nathan Fillion for the Uncharted movie.  Personally, I think Nathan Fillion would be much better for the roll.  They thought Walburg would sell more tickets worldwide than a Candian/US TV star.

Look up archotypes.  He is like a youth - typical action type leading man.  There are just so many, and they get reused all the time - like how many times to you see a similar looking fat gradma in a movie?  Like how many of the men and women have similar body types - even across cultures. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

GribbleGrunger said:
Where is this from? If it's an official pic then I want to know why they've gone to the trouble of showing us a completely redesigned Jak and Daxter:

It's happening?

No this is not official, was done by an artist named David Müller over at Deviant art, apparantly he is huge naughty dog fan

Zappykins said:
taus90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Thats because Nathan Drake is the ultimate action star. His character has is basically the typical funny Indiana Jones type so I can see where Chris Pratt would seem like him. He would make an amazing Nathan Drake.

no litterally his mannerism from dialogue delivery and banters are spot on.. before this movie I was all for team Nathan Fillion. Even last year when he was rumored for the movie, which he apparantely turned down.. i was like thank god he is not doing it, cant see him as a drake.. but after JW i cant think anybody better suited for the role.

Nah, I think it was the producers that chose Mark Walburg for the roll rather than Nathan Fillion for the Uncharted movie.  Personally, I think Nathan Fillion would be much better for the roll.  They thought Walburg would sell more tickets worldwide than a Candian/US TV star.

Look up archotypes.  He is like a youth - typical action type leading man.  There are just so many, and they get reused all the time - like how many times to you see a similar looking fat gradma in a movie?  Like how many of the men and women have similar body types - even across cultures. 

nah Mark Walburg was attached to the project very early on when David-o- Russell was signed on to direct the film, fans wanted Nathan Fillion. but Chris Pratt was apporached just last year.

The title is kinds clickbaity. But the kind of hero that Nathan Drake is has been in the movie industry far before Nathan.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

This needs to happend.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The title is kinds clickbaity. But the kind of hero that Nathan Drake is has been in the movie industry far before Nathan.

You would be mistaken.  Natan Fillian was already a star in 2003 with his lead rolls in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Miss Match (having also appeared in Two guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place since 1998.)  Uncharted Drakes Fortune didn't come out until 2007.

Plus the developers hinted they based it on him already. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

You would be mistaken.  Natan Fillian was already a star in 2003 with his lead rolls in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Miss Match (having also appeared in Two guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place since 1998.)  Uncharted Drakes Fortune didn't come out until 2007.

Plus the developers hinted they based it on him already. 

What? I'm talking about Nathan Drake being like the funny guy in those action movies.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

He seems like the generic action guy in the games to me. I would think film and television are where ND got the inspiration for the character and the writing style.

LudicrousSpeed said:
He seems like the generic action guy in the games to me. I would think film and television are where ND got the inspiration for the character and the writing style.

Lol Nathan Drake isnt some generic action guy. A generic action guy would be the Doom main character.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3