By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which 3rd party franchises should Nintendo try to get for the NX?

As much as I hate to say it, they need the sports titles and generic annual shooters. Beyond that, they should focus on getting a few exclusives from Japanese devs.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

They definitely need EA, Activision, Rockstar and Ubisoft's support. In Japan they don't struggle, so Japanese publishers aren't as big as a priority as Western ones are.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

BasilZero said:
Everything.

THIS.

But it won't happen... T_T

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

They need to get as many developers as they can on board. They were doing this with the Wii U with EA, Ubisoft, Activision, WB, Capcom, etc., and they shouldn't stop there. They should go after developers that they historically haven't had a big relationship with like Bethesda, Epic Games, Blizzard, etc. 

Nintendo also needs to, as much as I don't want to say this, compete. They need to secure timed exclusive DLC, marketing, and all that jazz. The problem is they don't have as much money as the others to do these things as we saw in the Gamecube era. If they try to wage a content war with Sony/MS they will get their butts kicked, but it's something they need to do to be successful.  

Someone quote me and answer this: What should NIntendo do at this point? They don't really have the money to "compete", they're betting the farm if they try to catch lightning in a bottle again, and if they screw up then it could spell doom

Idealy, as many as they can get. The best ones would be the big names, like the western games. Personally, I'd like more Japanese 3rd parties on the NX. I love me some JRPGs and Japanese games in general : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
ednice said:
Not SMT please.

Why not Shin Megami Tensei? They sell well on Nintendo systems, at least on their small fanbases.

Because I feel that it would get reduced to a handheld franchise(it kind of already is)

GTA, CoD, Bethesda games would be the big 3. Anything after that is bonus. If they can get these deals then they should be set for the big games. I like the Japanese deals that Nintendo gets but its not that big in the west. At the very least, getting those 3 will keep them viable for the average consumer. Plus adding the annual sports franchises would be huge for them.

They should stay in Japan: Yakuza, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Castelvania, Ridge Racer, Tales of, Tekken, Dead Rising, Devil's Fourth, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, Ninja Gaiden, No More Heros, Bayonetta and a lot of others.

In Japan: mainly keep Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch. And some Dragon Quest

West: Fifa, GTA, CoD, Elder Scrolls...

I also really think they should have a western blockbuster franchise of their own. Maybe their own fantasy RPG, or action game like Uncharted/Tomb Raider.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

I noticed that they have been doing a lot of stuff with Capcom especially with Monster Hunter and I even think some of Capcom's IPs are ending up in Smash bros, so I expect Capcom will be working with them on the NX.