By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which 3rd party franchises should Nintendo try to get for the NX?

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:
GTA, Cod, Fifa, Bethesda games, Mass effect games.

They should really try and get everything, but these right here would be the most important ones to get.

This.

Around the Network

All of them.

Duh......and freaking show them & promote the multiplats not just exclusives in Nintendo Directs between releases.

The problem is will anyone actually buy any of these games?

Seems to me like the audience for these games is all on Playstation and XBox platforms, so you're going to end up with a situation where third parties are being asked to waste resources making ports on a platform where their games simply don't sell.

The problem is Nintendo has allowed Sony and MS to basically have free reign on that market for too long that people have settled in with either the Playstation or XBox brand and Nintendo now coming in and saying "well buy these games on our system instead" kind of reeks of too little too late.

And the Wii didn't address that either, for all it's early success, it was just catering to casuals, leaving Sony/MS to have open season on the audience that would actually buy games like GTA, Mass Effect, Madden, and all the other major third party IP. 

Nintendo should try and produce a platform that is easy to port to from other platforms and drives 3rd parties to see a very low risk in porting the game.

RolStoppable said:
Darwinianevolution said:
RolStoppable said:
There's Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest, but not much else, really.

Monster Hunter is big on Nintendo's handheld. I'm sure it will appear on the next handheld, maybe as a MH X HD. THe thing is that Nintendo really needs to convince Capcom to make a home console version (if Nintendo uses the Fusion idea, they won't need to).

Everything is pointing towards shared libraries, so if a game is made for either device (home console or handheld), it will most probably also be on the other. Obviously, I still like my idea that NX will use the same storage medium across its devices, so if you buy an NX game, you can insert it into whatever device you have.

I would love a shared library too, the Fusion idea looks more and more like Nintendo's future. But aside from digital, the only way to make it possible would be through SD cartriges. And it could make a lot of people confused: they may think those games only work on the handheld, so the people who like handhelds would buy only the handheld and the people who preffer the home console would shrug their heads in confusion asking where are the DVDs. It could cause another case of "the WiiU is a peripheral of the Wii". Nntendo would need a really efective advertisement campaign to avoid those misunderstandings, specially if they want to help their home console bussiness.

Also, free Fusion gif.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Everything on competitors' consoles.

bet: lost

RolStoppable said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I would love a shared library too. But aside from digital, the only way to make it possible would be through SD cartriges. And it could make a lot of people confused: they may think those games only work on the handheld, so the people who like handhelds would buy only the handheld and the people who preffer the home console would shrug their heads in confusion asking where are the DVDs. It could cause another case of "the WiiU is a peripheral of the Wii". Nntendo would need a really efective advertisement campaign to avoid those misunderstandings, specially if they want to help their home console bussiness.

This is the kind of information that consumers with a genuine interest in the product will easily pick up on. The problem with the Wii U was that people didn't want it to begin with, so whether it was a peripheral or a new console ultimately didn't matter.

Yes, but what Nintendo wants is to expand their audience after the WiiU fiasco. And that means either trying to get people from PC/PS/XBox buy a Nintendo console or pulling another "Wii", which I'm sure they know it won't work. The PC/PS/XBox won't change their brands easily, specially because they have their PS/XBox accounts with friends and other online stuff. And with the kiddie reputation Nintendo has on that group, making all cartriges might even backfire.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

All of them and almost all of them will come if NX is a success.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Final fantasy.

Also some MMOs.

Not SMT please.