By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If NX bombs like Wii U, what will Nintendo do?

What if NX flops?

Nintendo exits home console market. 45 19.91%

Nintendo goes 3rd party. 57 25.22%

Nintendo goes full mobile... 27 11.95%

Yo Mama 97 42.92%

Total:226

They'll do a new muppets show.

Around the Network

Fire everyone including Reggie and Iwata and start from scratch with new, young minds

Well, as research indicated, they could fail for like 5 gens in a row before they would lose all their money. That being said, I suspect Nintendo is the type of company that will just keep swinging for massive innovations that no on suspects (like the Wii) and succeed so much so in one of those gens that it offsets the 2 gens of failure for every 1 gen of success.

I voted 3rd party but I change my mind.

keeping selling amiibo and mario games, enough to profit and wait next gen.
and do it forever.

Abort NX even faster than the WiiU and release a new console.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Depends on the eye of the beholder what is considered a "bomb" from a Nintendo console.

It will bomb if:

1) People are expecting Wii numbers.

2) People are expecting Playstation/Xbox numbers.

Finally become a third party developer.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Are they not making profit this round? Just because since N64 days they aren't the must have console for a majority of gamers (Wii included in this) doesn't mean they aren't still the profit kings here. So long as they continue to make a decent profit catering to their core demographic then they can do poor numbers when compared to the other consoles and still remain in the market.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I don't want to think of that as a possibility. I wouldn't want them to go third party though.

dharh said:
Are they not making profit this round?

They've lost a not insignificant amount of money, and they probably won't make up the loss by the end of the generation. Their recent profit is also due more to currency fluctuations than sales, which is not a position you ever want to find yourself in. The rest of your point remains valid though.