By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are Monthly Updates the New Normal?

On 29 May we got a charts update like no other. over a month's worth of Hardware sales released onto the site with a still significant lag in software. I think we all thought this was a return to some semblance of normalcy with chart updates returning to being regular and more frequent than what we'd been seeing since January.

Fast forward to nearly 3 weeks later and there hasn't been a single update of the charts in June. What's going on? Do we have a new normal of monthly updates only, or is there still the intention to go back to weekly updates at some time in the future?

It also seems like the Pre-order sharts are so far behind they might as well be dumped as a feature. It might free up time to devote to the actually important information, i.e. sales.

Please tell us what is the normal we should be expecting from chart updates. And please tell us when we should expect to see the normal put into permanent effect.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Nah, bi-monthly minimum.

Thanks jlmurph!

I am sure there is a reason for the delay akin to the last update. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. The numbers will come eventually.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

It's starting to look like it...

They don't want to admit to fudging the Bones numbers.

Around the Network

It kinda feels like ioi doesn't give two rats asses for this place any more...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Would be nice to know this. Currently I barely check this site. It serves little purpose without numbers since it is late with news.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

front page says april 4th, its now june 18th, almost 3 month old data

I don't care about the numbers anymore. I just come here to get the latest gaming news and I like some members. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Unfortunately, it certainly looks like it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850