By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Federation Force gameplay live now!

Looks like a mediocre FPS. I'll stick to Splatoon. That's also an FPS, apparently.

Around the Network

HAHAHAHAHAHA Man everyone wanted to kill in the egg this game while it looks quite fun.

As of experience, I know for a fact that Nintendo's world premieres can be pretty underwhelming, but the games turn out just fine or compelling experiences (Super Mario 3D World is an excellent example of this). Let's wait before calling it dead in the water, shall we?

Not a real Metroid game...

Goodnightmoon said:

So thi is a co-op shooter about killing aliens...

And I imagine the single player experience will be pretty shitty ...

Yeah.... no ambientation, no isolation, no adventure, no exploration, no mystery, no bad ass graphics, not beautiful art style, no morph ball ...

Metroid Prime better than ever ...

It looks kind of fun at least, nothing exciting though, and call it Metroid is kind of offensive, i doesn´t have anything to call it Metroid.

It's called Metroid because it's set in that universe. You're not playing as Samus, so I don't understand the issue with the action gameplay. The galactic federation aren't supposed to have ambience. They are military soldiers. There's no ambience in that. There is no isolation in that. No exploration or mystery needed. Definitely no morph ball.

It's a spin off. The only problem is the shitty art style. The game actually looks good and more authentic to its source material as a galactic federation game than the original Prime Trilogy was to real Metroid game.

Anfebious said:

It looks like a lot of fun! I put my opinion in spoilers in case I might offend people.

Yeah!Don't be afraid to confess it!

Some Nintendo fans are very angry because it has Metroid in its name(It wasn't what they were expecting for Metroid) and this is why some call it a sh@t, and which is very sad since that is really unserious...The judgement must be based on the gameplay,not to an akward situation!:P

Okay,they didn't give the metroid that most want and of course I can understand and accept the disturbance,but if it's fun and not bad,why codemning it?

Firstly,you must try it or see the gameplay to judge,as of now most comments are  unjust and ooze prejudice and selfishness!

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

Not a real Metroid game...

...It's called a spin off.

Goodnightmoon said:

It looks kind of fun at least, nothing exciting though, and call it Metroid is kind of offensive, i doesn´t have anything to call it Metroid.

Except for the Galactic Federation, and the Space Pirates, and metroids, and Samus Aran...

Curmudgeon said:

Look at that, it actually seems to be a fun (Co-op) shooter. I may buy this, 3ds doesn't have a lot of games like this

edit: it plays more like halo (and looks similar) than metroid, but it's kind of nice to have the Metroid universe expanded

Combat wise, it plays exactly like the Prime games - lock on and all. It's nothing like Halo past killing aliens in an exoskeleton, which is what you do in Metroid, anyway.

spemanig said:

It's called Metroid because it's set in that universe. You're not playing as Samus, so I don't understand the issue with the action gameplay. The galactic federation aren't supposed to have ambience. They are military soldiers. There's no ambience in that. There is no isolation in that. No exploration or mystery needed. Definitely no morph ball.

It's a spin off. The only problem is the shitty art style. The game actually looks good and more authentic to its source material as a galactic federation game than the original Prime Trilogy was to real Metroid game.

The story doesn´t matter in a game like this one. This is a generic shooter set on Metroid universe because is the only way for the game to sell something. It has not a single key element from any main Metroid game ever done, only shooting aliens, when so many fans are expecting a real metroid (2D or 3D) this is just a punch in the face.

It looks neat.