By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is the Final Fantasy 7 remake maybe a PS4 and NX exclusive? not for PC or Xbox

No it will coming to .............PS5 as well

Around the Network

It will be PS4 and PC a few months later. Doubt it will come anywhere else. Maybe X1 if FFXV sales for it are really good, but that's not likely to happen.

The faith for future third party games in Nintendo consoles is just impressive and is amazing how it refuses to be shaken by anything, or by nothing.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

The Xbox France Twitter account said #soononxboxone in response to the FF7R video posted by the french Playstation Twitter account

the-pi-guy said:

Supposedly FFVII remake won't be coming to Nintendo or Xbox platforms, and PC is a maybe.  

Why is Sony allowing games to go to PC?  

Who knows. 

Original FFVII was PS/PC. So a PS4/PC FFVII remake shouldn't be all that surprising.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Supposedly FFVII remake won't be coming to Nintendo or Xbox platforms, and PC is a maybe.  

Who knows. 

Perhaps Sony does not see PC gamers as potential rival in gaming.

That's some hilarious stretching, my friend.

I don't see how you came up to the conclusion that the game is coming to NX from that article, there was no sign whatsoever of that happening but ok...

All these games coming to PC may be a result of how exclusivity contracts are handled.For a game to be exclusive you certainly have to make up for the money lost from the sales of other platforms, PC and consoles are not rivaling platforms.Console only gamers are not going to suddenly build a gaming PC, be it so for the convenience of consoles, or lack of techincal knowledge to build and mantain one.Console gamers play on consoles and not PC because that'ts what they like to play on, simple as that, same goes for PC gamers, both platforms are not in direct competition at all.That is the reason of why when making a contract SONY has opted to not pay for the lost sales of PC since that platform is not their competition, and is probably the same reason of why the original FFVII came to PC as well.

I also don't see how this is damaging to console gaming, if anything is beneficial to the PC gaming scene which just recently became healthy again after years of struggling.

the-pi-guy said:

Who knows. 

Most every one does, its a way to get faverable contract from third parties as it still games them sales that are no threat and hardly impact the console sales.

Burner37 said:
The Xbox France Twitter account said #soononxboxone in response to the FF7R video posted by the french Playstation Twitter account

I'm pretty sure the french community manager of Xbox doesn't know anything about FF7R or anything strategic.

We have too frequently bad informations coming from community managers ("Tomb Raider full XOne exclusive" from XBox Australia for example)...

If the insiders who knew about FF7R are now saying that it's a PS4/PC title, I believe them. After all, it's already the same thing for the FF7 port... And after the Type-0 sales, and with the growing gap between One and PS4 sales, it would be almost useless to release it later on XBox.