By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is the Final Fantasy 7 remake maybe a PS4 and NX exclusive? not for PC or Xbox

sc94597 said:
Aragami said:

I dont wanna see a legendary playstation Game on a Microsoft Console.

Not that I know it will be on Xbone or not, but I remember when FFXIII was announced for 360, many Sony fans moved  to Versus as "the Sony exclusive FF", and then Versus was announced as FFXV and for XBO as well as PS4. It would be quite interesting if the same thing happens to FFVII. 

Back then it was a logical step, Sony was in a really bad shape this time, and the PS3 was in trouble, and the X360, was a real good console, now everything is different. Sony have a really good partnership with se again, the PS4 is the best selling console, and the xbone is a flop everywere in the world, but its doing fine in the US. Time will tell, but Sony wont let this happen.

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

Around the Network

Sony isn't allowing anything. It's up to SE to decide if the game will go to PC as it has been since the original. And for what matters the other consoles, it depends on what kind of console exclusivity deal Sony had at the time of the PSOne and if SE forced Sony to relax it in order to have the remake becoming a reality. SFV isn't made by Sony either, it is made by Capcom, it isn't up to Sony to decide on which platforms it will run.

Still, FF VII Remake on Nintendo NX would make more sense than on XB1. Japan has the largest FF fanbase, and the XB1 is selling peanuts over there. Did it sell what? 70-80K consoles? Unless Sony had the contractual power to explicitly request to skip Nintendo, sure.

Michelasso said:
Sony isn't allowing anything. It's up to SE to decide if the game will go to PC as it has been since the original. And for what matters the other consoles, it depends on what kind of console exclusivity deal Sony had at the time of the PSOne and if SE forced Sony to relax it in order to have the remake becoming a reality. SFV isn't made by Sony either, it is made by Capcom, it isn't up to Sony to decide on which platforms it will run.

Still, FF VII Remake on Nintendo NX would make more sense than on XB1. Japan has the largest FF fanbase, and the XB1 is selling peanuts over there. Did it sell what? 70-80K consoles? Unless Sony had the contractual power to explicitly request to skip Nintendo, sure.

SFV is funded by Sony, no ? At least partially.

And if we believe the insiders, FF7R is funded by Sony too... So they do have something to say about the platforms.

Faelco said:
Michelasso said:

SFV is funded by Sony, no ? At least partially.

And if we believe the insiders, FF7R is funded by Sony too... So they do have something to say about the platforms.

Exactly this! PC Version is possible, but never Xboxs version of these games, like SF5, FF7, No Mans sky ( i gues ) and of course Shenmue 3

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

Square Enix just wanted time exclusive deals. they've learned their lesson that it is better to have versions on multiplats.

so it is PS4 first, then PC maybe. X1 shouldn't be that hard to port. NX - we don't know anything about it, so it is hard to guess. But if it is coming to NX, that would be great as well.

I don't see any problem with it on a neutral standpoint. best for all gamers, why not.

Around the Network

I can see the game as a PS4 1st and then a PC version, just like the original one. I guess it all depends on how much it'll sell.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Sony is helping with the funding. This will never come to XB1.

Thank god for that.

PC is still a maybe according to a very reliable insider.