By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is the Final Fantasy 7 remake maybe a PS4 and NX exclusive? not for PC or Xbox

nah, most likely PC. possible on xbox one. very unlikely on NX.

Around the Network

Xbox FR is taking cues from Xbox Australia I see. They should be more careful with public promises they can't keep. Some Sony peeps already learned the lesson.

Anyway, my theory is simpler. There is no exclusivity deal whatsoever. Square saw what's going on with FFXV and KH3, and seeing as how FFVIIR started development much later, they wanted to avoid another overly lengthy development cycle. So they decided to simply develop the game only for the PS4. Much like Ninja Theory with Hellblade, although in their case it was for different reasons (manpower). Working like this allows them to get it done quicker. They'll only worry about other versions after it's released on PS4.

I think every console except Nintendo consoles. 

I think it's pretty safe to assume this is PS4/PC just like SFV and Shenmue 3.

FF7 on a Nintendo platform would be a dream come true!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

way to early to speculate about something like that. wouldn't expect it sooner than 2018. every game shown during the e3 press conferences will most likely happen before the ff7 remake.

We have no idea what the NX is so I don't see why it would not make it to Xbox but to the NX..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Faelco said:
Burner37 said:
The Xbox France Twitter account said #soononxboxone in response to the FF7R video posted by the french Playstation Twitter account

I'm pretty sure the french community manager of Xbox doesn't know anything about FF7R or anything strategic.

We have too frequently bad informations coming from community managers ("Tomb Raider full XOne exclusive" from XBox Australia for example)...

If the insiders who knew about FF7R are now saying that it's a PS4/PC title, I believe them. After all, it's already the same thing for the FF7 port... And after the Type-0 sales, and with the growing gap between One and PS4 sales, it would be almost useless to release it later on XBox.

This. I am working for Playstation as a Promoter here in Switzerland, and the chief here didnt had a clue what Sony was showing on the e3, when we was talk about the event. I gues its the same for the xbone people in france. I dont wanna see a legendary playstation Game on a Microsoft Console.

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

Wow the selfish fanboys are overflowing in this thread. It's only better for everyone if any given third-party game come to all viable platforms. Final Fantasy 7 is no exception.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Aragami said:

I dont wanna see a legendary playstation Game on a Microsoft Console.

Not that I know it will be on Xbone or not, but I remember when FFXIII was announced for 360, many Sony fans moved  to Versus as "the Sony exclusive FF", and then Versus was announced as FFXV and for XBO as well as PS4. It would be quite interesting if the same thing happens to FFVII.