By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

Not many, a select tiny niche do.  Ironically its likely the same ones that keep their old concole and games.

Millions want ff7 remade, not the old shitty ugly version (compared to todays standarts)

People were hyped on Now because many were foolish enouth to think it would work on new games, PS4 games.  Hype died when it became clear it was just a rental service for old games most just dont care about.  

Millions of people will be using BC on X1, especially since it gives access to digital content. Its not niche and will bolster the library quickly.

People were hyped about PS Now because they thought they would have access to their digital content or atleast the ability to have unlimited access for a small fee. And like I pointed out that hype died because its a rental service. You could buy old PS3 games in the bargain bins or internet instead.

You forgot Achievements. 360 games all have Achievements which add replay value to games, compared to anything else that had BC before this. With that you get the ability to snap apps, like TV and streaming, maybe later on the Achievements app will work for 360 games making it easier to track your progress. I've seen people using twitch on these games too. It's not just simply having BC and nothing else. It gives you all the benefits of the Bone and not just an empty space where you feel alone in your gaming world.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

Not many, a select tiny niche do.  Ironically its likely the same ones that keep their old concole and games.

Millions want ff7 remade, not the old shitty ugly version (compared to todays standarts)

People were hyped on Now because many were foolish enouth to think it would work on new games, PS4 games.  Hype died when it became clear it was just a rental service for old games most just dont care about.  

Millions of people will be using BC on X1, especially since it gives access to digital content. Its not niche and will bolster the library quickly.

People were hyped about PS Now because they thought they would have access to their digital content or atleast the ability to have unlimited access for a small fee. And like I pointed out that hype died because its a rental service. You could buy old PS3 games in the bargain bins or internet instead.

The only people who will use that are those that want to play Japanese Games on Xbox 1.
Cause unlike the PS4 which gets tons of them the X1 will get nearly nothing.

The system seller is the library and the variety for all kinds of people ALL OVER THE WORLD
Microsoft can't offer that on the Xbox1 - They are only focused on the US and even think people there only play shooters.
Its like buying a car without a door or something and are fine with it.
Sony gets it all...Western Games,Eastern Games,RPGsJ-RPGs,Niche etc...Microsoft won't
If you are happy with losing a ton of games while not gaining much.Halo in a world full of shooters getting released every year or miss out on a complete gaming market.....hmm hard decision for people deciding what to buy.
Im pretty sure you can survive living without Halo if you have alone this fall the option to play the SUPERIOR version of Star Wars,Rainbow Six,CoD and stuff while getting THE OPTION to play Persona 5,Dragon Quest Heroes,Tales of and many other things.
Just thinking about it is funny - You don't even get the OPTION to play these games from for example Japan if you are interested in them.They aren't simply there.

Xeon said:
I upgraded from the PS3. Played all the Uncharted games. Still getting the remaster!

Same here.  Especially if the update the first Uncharted in a few key areas!

I think uncharted collection will be huge--primarily but not exclusively due to PS newcomers: I have all 3 uncharteds on ps3 and have played them multiple times, but I can't wait to get the uncharted collection for ps4. My buddy is the same way.

A poll would be interesting asking "ps4 owner getting uncharted collection and have played uncharted 1-3" or "ps4 owner getting uncharted collection and have NEVER played uncharted 1-3"

Tellmethereason said:

Sony said they got surprised by the aggressive deals of MS last year for the Holidays
They didn't expect such desperation 

Wait what? Is this true?

I thought Sony got surprised by how well PS4 sold  

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Xeon said:
I upgraded from the PS3. Played all the Uncharted games. Still getting the remaster!

Same here.  Especially if the update the first Uncharted in a few key areas!

Nothing would make me happier than a thoroughly upgraded version of the first game, and a better balanced version of the third game. The second game was perfection. I accept that one as is.

Tellmethereason said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The only people who will use that are those that want to play Japanese Games on Xbox 1.

The system seller is the library and the variety for all kinds of people ALL OVER THE WORLD
Microsoft can't offer that on the Xbox1 - They are only focused on the US and even think people there only play shooters.
Sony gets it all...Western Games,Eastern Games,RPGsJ-RPGs,Niche etc...Microsoft won't
If you are happy with losing a ton of games while not gaining much.Halo in a world full of shooters getting released every year or miss out on a complete gaming market.....hmm hard decision for people deciding what to buy.
Im pretty sure you can survive living without Halo if you have alone this fall the option to play the SUPERIOR version of Star Wars,Rainbow Six,CoD and stuff while getting THE OPTION to play Persona 5,Dragon Quest Heroes,Tales of and many other things.
Just thinking about it is funny - You don't even get the OPTION to play these games from for example Japan if you are interested in them.They aren't simply there.

Dude, get with times. Japanese games arent that significant anymore in the west or on home consoles.

The Playstation brand has lost most of its relevance in Japan as well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

That makes God Of War III: Remastered look even more like wasted potential. All they had to do was port God Of War and God Of War II from PS3 directly to the PS4 but they didn't bother. Despite all the good stuff they've shown recently the company and its big IP's are majorly mismanaged.

Mr Puggsly said:
Tellmethereason said:

Dude, get with times. Japanese games arent that significant anymore in the west or on home consoles.

The Playstation brand has lost most of its relevance in Japan as well.

Sure believe what you want

Close to 25 Million Sold Units to Customers at launch price compared to 10 Million Sold with pricecuts,deals,bundles,trade in deals and throwing the amazing Kinect 2.0 away
Amazon still selling the ultra limited AssaCreed Bundle from the Last Holidays...IN JUNE
Spain 9:1 700k : 78k...Germany,Italy all the same with bigger gaps.so the X1 clearly isn't  at the numbers here stated on VGChartz

Everyone is on the Hype train for Halo
Oh wait FF7 has 7+ Million views on youtube already alone

You just pick a part of the text you think you can counter
Its about having the option to play all kinds of games - You clearly don't get that on Xbox + worse looking Multiplats for the same price.
You get everything on Playstation - EVERYTHING.You aren't missing a single Genre and have lots of choices in every genre.
Sony is hitting the right notes - Microsoft isn't
They have games people want

Get with the time
Halo isn't that popular anymore and able to push a console alone.
It sells mainly to the Xbox Hardcore Fans like Mario does to the Nintendo Hardcore Fans
But if you believe Halo is still the reason to get a console and everyone thinks in your world that way...I will be here @ the first day of 2016.And if the Xbox1 isn't ahead of the PS4 WORLDWIDE(NO ONE CARES ABOUT SINGLE REGION GARBAGE) please start to accept people want variety in Genre,better quality Multiplats and at LEAST THE OPTION TO BUY all KINDS of GAMES.
But im pretty sure as it looks like Star Wars will be the bigger shooter in 2015 anyway and alone the marketing from Sony will give the PS4 a bigger push than Halo 5 can achieve in the best scenario.Not taking away it won't be a good game obviously but not the reason to pick it over the PS4 if you really have to choose.Especially not WORLDWIDE.

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

No they wont, You overrate bc importance.  As i said its niche service for the niche hardcore forum types and even many on here just dont care.  

Do you really think any one cares or even wants to play a old CODs ? in general people just dont care about the old and inferior comapred to the new.  No m,atter how much you wish they did to support your opoinion.   Small niche was hyped for that, beyond the forum hardcore people thought it would give then access to PS4 games.  It didnt so they dont care about it.  

Some of you may collect games, but you hardly if ever play them.  Most our old consoels are collecting duct in some dark corner for a reason.