By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

BC is not big deal. Stop comparing it to PSNow. Apples to Oranges. BC play old games you already own. PS NOW rent any old game many of which are impossible to find anywhere but ebay.

I missed E3 this year so I am catching up but it is painfully obvious a certain crowd really really wants BC to be a big deal because the "other team" had so many huge announcements that actually do matter.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I want to know what percentage of xbox1 owners didn't own a xbox360. My guess is 4%.

bigjon said:
BC is not big deal. Stop comparing it to PSNow. Apples to Oranges. BC play old games you already own. PS NOW rent any old game many of which are impossible to find anywhere but ebay.

I missed E3 this year so I am catching up but it is painfully obvious a certain crowd really really wants BC to be a big deal because the "other team" had so many huge announcements that actually do matter.

I'll play along.  Which announcements matter and which ones don't?

d21lewis said:
They would really benefit from backwards compatibility! They missed a lot of good games on PS3!

The reason BC is not in the console is, imo, strictly contrived. They knew they were going to resell games that are cheap as hell on Ebay. They made sure to leave BC out for that reason and also, PS Now. If the PS4 could play PS1/PS2 and PS3 games, no one would stream them.

AlfredoTurkey said:
d21lewis said:
They would really benefit from backwards compatibility! They missed a lot of good games on PS3!

The reason BC is not in the console is, imo, strictly contrived. They knew they were going to resell games that are cheap as hell on Ebay. They made sure to leave BC out for that reason and also, PS Now. If the PS4 could play PS1/PS2 and PS3 games, no one would stream them.

I got a chuckle from this.  Tin foil hat much ?

You act like sony hit a magical kill switch and all PS3s just suddently stopped working, and now only way to play them is a Now subscription.  

In all this hilaraty of BC pissing back and forth, why do all of you act like all 360s and PS3s just stopped working ?

Around the Network
GTstation said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

You act like sony hit a magical kill switch and all PS3s just suddently stopped working, and now only way to play them is a Now subscription.  

In all this hilaraty of BC pissing back and forth, why do all of you act like all 360s and PS3s just stopped working ?

According to the horses mouth, 40% of their PS4 user base doesn't own and never owned a PS3. I'd assume that those 40% wouldn't go out and buy a console from 2006, with no new games on it, for well over $200.00 just to play old games off Ebay. 

Sony's not stupid.

AlfredoTurkey said:
GTstation said:

According to the horses mouth, 40% of their PS4 user base doesn't own and never owned a PS3. I'd assume that those 40% wouldn't go out and buy a console from 2006, with no new games on it, for well over $200.00 just to play old games off Ebay. 

Sony's not stupid.

And your point is.  

GTstation said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Sony's not stupid.

And your point is.  

That they left BC out in order to increase profit margins and sell PS Now subs. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
GTstation said:

And your point is.  

That they left BC out in order to increase profit margins and sell PS Now subs. 

k there. lol.

How do they determine "who didn't own a PS3"?

Example. I sold my PS3 with its PSN account. If I buy a PS4, then I will need to create a new PSN account. My assumption is I would be considered in this 'new' class yet I did own a PS3.

I doubt I am a majority in this, but I would like to know how they are determining that number.