By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

So that's why it doesn't need BC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

"I'm not bothered by people who complain when we talk about remasters. There are always those people on the internet."

You go, girl. That's awesome because it's exactly the truth.

zumnupy10 said:

I'm not bothered by people who complain when we talk about remasters. There are always those people on the internet."

That's Why I love Yoshida.   He always sends the right messanges.

The minority always has the strongest voice. Shu knows what's up.

kurasakiichimaru said:

The sad/funny part here is PS4's non-PS3 owner population is almost as big as Wii U's whole install base.

Damn!

"I'm not bothered by people who complain when we talk about remasters. There are always those people on the internet."

So true. That Uncharted Collection is still in the amazon top 100 I believe.

Well those extra sales had to come from somewhere. I wonder how many owned PS2s. PS4 is pacing so far ahead of PS3 it's ridiculous so I figured there were a lot of ship jumpers. After this E3 that will only continue and with all those marketing deals this holiday...man

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Not surprising. Wii's successor flopped and was unpopular, and the 360's successor had a terrible unveiling. The PS4 has mainly benefited from the mistakes of their competitors and is now attracting both the hardcore gamers and the casuals.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

d21lewis said:
They would really benefit from backwards compatibility! They missed a lot of good games on PS3!

Why? Most of the best games are getting a remaster! lol

d21lewis said:
They would really benefit from backwards compatibility! They missed a lot of good games on PS3!

Nah, nobody buys a new console to play old games.

Which explains why you can play hundreds on old Playstation games on their platforms...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:

Nah, nobody buys a new console to play old games.

Which explains why you can play hundreds on old Playstation games on their platforms...

Backwards compatibility didn't really help PS3 in the early days and there wasn't some big drop off in sales when they got rid of it. The lower price of dropping it increased sales. People don't use BC as much as they think they would, the only time it's relevant is at launch.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Wow 40% is insane, if its true.
That just shows the PS4 Dominance even more or when Price Cut will come, damn Holy Shit and also with E3, the Cod Announcment, Horizon Dawn, Uncharted, The Last Guardian, damn Xbox is really dead.

I was damn sure Xbox would get the Codrights, i really think more People bought or own a Xbox because of that than some People might think.