By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony looking for more titles to crowdfund

Um I don't know... how about Legend of the Motherfucking Dragoon?... You might have heard of it.

Around the Network

I don't like it. For a big company like Sony, $2m is not much so asking people to donate money makes them look cheap. I hope they don't do it for other games. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Called it.
Not happy at all about this

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Sony, I'd kickstart the shit out of Suikoden 6. Put it on the list!!!

MoHasanie said:

I don't like it. For a big company like Sony, $2m is not much so asking people to donate money makes them look cheap. I hope they don't do it for other games. 

I seriosuly lol readin that.

I hope they do it for every single game they have in their catalogue just so one i can back WHAT i FREAKING want since they are not putting a gun to my head and just for the extra lols from all the people complaining about it.  

Around the Network

I wish they had got the publishing rights for 1&2 to remaster first (due to age of the game, it would be a rough game to look/play)
They could have announced that if the games does well, They will secure the rights with Sega to make 3.

This would have been an alternate way about gauging interest, it would also give people a chance to play those old games. Unless Sony has already secured 1 &2,'s rights, and will releasing them all together as the Definitive edition.

I'm sure there would be few that would want to play the game then be caught up through cutscenes, or you tube videos of the first 2 games. Since those games did not sell well, and with this announcement might cause people that have them to ask for an arm and a leg when they sell their copy.

So, Sony using Kickstarter as their own personal marketing tool instead of gauging interest for their titles and putting up their own god damn money? You will se MANY other big publishers do this which mean less backing for independent developers.

Puppyroach said:
So, Sony using Kickstarter as their own personal marketing tool instead of gauging interest for their titles and putting up their own god damn money? You will se MANY other big publishers do this which mean less backing for independent developers.

They didn't mention anything about doing this for their own titles. So... What exactly is wrong here?

Seriously? Why? You could have a YouTube video, and check how much likes it has to gauge interest!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

MoHasanie said:

The point isn't really them needing the $2 mil, I guess that is going to be a rather small part of this games development cost, it's lowering risk, it's avoiding the funding of games that nobody wants. Especially with these older games it can be something good if used in moderation and for the right titles. Had they done the same thing for the FF VII Remake I'd be pretty pissed as well for example, because that game originally sold 10 million copies or so and Final Fantasy is still a huge series, but Shenmue wasn't really successful when it originally released, so it kinda does make sense to test the waters before just straight up funding the third part in a series that most people have never played in their life.

Would they do it for Crash Bandicoot, then that'd suck. Medievil? That's something where testing the waters makes sense again.