By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 is 30 fps

BMaker11 said:

How is it that a set in stone gameplay experience (single player) can't hit 60 fps, but a dynamic one (multiplayer) can?

This isn't a dealbreaker. I'm just confused.

MP matches are on much smaller scale maps. You won't be playing through an open area such as the one from the conference when playing multiplayer. 

Around the Network

30 fps, 60 fps, who gives a fuck? That demo looked amazing and I'm disappointed I won't get my hand on it until next year.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kljesta64 said:
didnt look like the reveal trailer and now this but its still very good looking.

The reveal trailer was a pre-rendered in game cutscene which is always better looking than the gameplay visuals. It's always been that way in all Uncharted games. So yeah cutscenes should still look the same in the final game.

No surprise. They wanna get all they can out of the PS4. Good that multi will be 60fps, though.

TruckOSaurus said:
Still don't care about 60fps so not even disappointed a little bit.

I was going to say exactly this ^^^.

But, it's funny how 30fps is OK when it is convenient for a fanbase.  I myself never paid much attention to it on consoles until it bacame such a topic that I would look for it.  It seems to me that once you get to 30fps, there really isn't much to complain about.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Wait...so it's ok for Uncharted 4 to be 30 FPS in single player, but if an XB1 game isn't 60 FPS, it's suddenly the end of the world?? I don't understand the logic behind the Sony die-hards.

They always said they were going for locked 30fps on single player

Then it'll be more cinematic.

Mr Puggsly said:
Yep, the focus for Sony is generally graphics.

That's not true man. GENERALLY it's gameplay. I won't lie and say that they don't take pride in visuals.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Considering they had it at 37 fps many months ago, I highly doubt there will be frame dips during the game.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'