By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My take on this whole conferene thang.

If you're interested, I made a video about why I was disappointed with the Digital Event, but I go about it at a slightly different angle.  My problem wasn't exactly just the lack of new content, but the way they presented what they had.  It seemed like they were literally tricking us, over and over again throughout the presentation.  Building up our hopes just to dash them, seemingly on purpose.

I hope it's more entertaining than argument-starting.  It's one of the rare times I'll put my critical hat on as far as this stuff goes, and the first time I've done so in video form, so I'm a bit nervous about it.  But right after this I'll go back to just liking and playing games.

https://youtu.be/NAU39JkqG0c

Around the Network

It was cool, saw it my sub box!

Metroid and Animal Crossing were colossal trolls worthy of Square Enix, there's no way they were unaware how much they were toying with fan's feelings with those.

The whole thing felt condescending and exploitive. 

Man I love your videos, Arlo.

JRPGfan said:
Man I love your videos, Arlo.

And I love YOU!  ;D

Around the Network

Cool take on the conferene thang

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Everything is better when the blue fellow does it... even the nintendo e3 debate.

It's really fitting the use of puppets to critisize the conference XD.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Great points! Not only that, a great take on the conference as a whole. For me, it was the exact same feeling.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Great video Arlo!

I enjoyed watching it, and I agree with the points you made.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)