By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it possible that The Last Guardian might be.............. boring?

Looked boring to me tbh.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

After the excitement that this game finally exists wore off and I was watching the gameplay I was slightly underwhelmed as to the gameplay that was being shown. I mean I figured there would some combat and you would have the ability to command the bird dog to interact with the enviroment or other characters/enemies if not control it while you traverse the sky temple. And now it seems there might not even be combat in this game at all which is fine too but I just can't help feel let down with what I saw. Thoughts?

Too early. That's only a very small portion of the game which is not how the whole game will be like. Go watch the older ps3 gameplay videos of it to see more of the gameplay. 

It's been in development hell for quite a while. I would actually be surprised if turns out to be any good.

kitler53 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

After the excitement that this game finally exists wore off and I was watching the gameplay I was slightly underwhelmed as to the gameplay that was being shown. I mean I figured there would some combat and you would have the ability to command the bird dog to interact with the enviroment or other characters/enemies if not control it while you traverse the sky temple. And now it seems there might not even be combat in this game at all which is fine too but I just can't help feel let down with what I saw. Thoughts?

have you played ICO or SotC?

it's a puzzle game with a uniquely and hightly emotional attachement.  "exciting" isn't the word for this and was never the intent,.. think more along the line of myst then CoD.   ...and that's why i'll love it.   i find CoD boring and could never be happy only playing shooters.  i understand there are people that only like shooters and that's okay but i like diversity in my games and that's why i'll like TLG and why i like sony's first party, it's very well rounded.

Nope, never played a a Ico game but if I remember correctly Shadow of the Colossus had combat despite being a deep and emotional game so I really don't get why some people in this thread are trying to white knight this game as if I insulted their wife whem I just simply expected something else.

Marks said:

What fantasy world do you live in that sales don't matter? 

If it was a smaller budget game then 1 million sales would be fantastic, but for a game like TLG which probably has a huge budget and has taken years and years to get developing...they'd need to sell multiple millions to even break even I bet. 

They dont matter nearly as much when the team developping the game is a first party team, first party games are suposed to be varied and add value to the console theyre beeing developped for, its a good idea to have a game that appeal to a certain audience even if the masses hate it cause it can get you some consoles sales that youd never get otherwise.

Team ICO games are an expression of art, theyre not for everyone and thats perfectly fine. Not all games have to be the genre the majority of ppl like, gameplay can manifest in widly different ways on different games and what makes fun or entertaining gameplay diverge radicaly depending on ppls opinions. 

Mystro-Sama said:

Nope, never played a a Ico game but if I remember correctly Shadow of the Colossus had combat despite being a deep and emotional game so I really don't get why some people in this thread are trying to white knight this game as if I insulted their wife whem I just simply expected something else.

I wouldnt call what Shadow of the Colossus has combat, its a puzzle plataformer, the thing is youre plataforming on a giant ambulatory monster but it isnt realy combat in the classical sense. And the entire game is composed of 20 or so colossus, in btween each colossus encounter you wander for quite awhile in a vast and very beautfull landscape where not form of action takes place. Still its one of the best games ever made imo.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

I almost feel bad for you. People are trying to downplay your worries by making you out to be some dudebro who only likes Call of Duty or any of those other "flashy" titles.

NintendoPie said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I almost feel bad for you. People are trying to downplay your worries by making you out to be some dudebro who only likes Call of Duty or any of those other "flashy" titles.

On the internet you react to thing in 2 ways: You either don't care or you blow things completely out of proportion and it's so stupid...

Mystro-Sama said:
kitler53 said:

have you played ICO or SotC?

it's a puzzle game with a uniquely and hightly emotional attachement.  "exciting" isn't the word for this and was never the intent,.. think more along the line of myst then CoD.   ...and that's why i'll love it.   i find CoD boring and could never be happy only playing shooters.  i understand there are people that only like shooters and that's okay but i like diversity in my games and that's why i'll like TLG and why i like sony's first party, it's very well rounded.

Nope, never played a a Ico game 

Aaaaaaand there's your problem.Go buy the ICO and SOTC Collection on PS3 and find out if you like that style of gameplay. If not then The Last Guardian is not going to be for you. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Tachikoma said:
megafenix said:
To be honest i ahve my doubts it will be released, it very suspicious that the trailer not only has the same graphics as the last ones for the ps3 but also the stages and content are practically the same, not to mention that the game supposedly comes nnext year and sony didnt even have a demo despite the port has been in development for almost 10 years. With the rancid experiences of sony´s lies like 1080p 60fps in killzone or the promised second son graphics in E3 only to ahve a downgraded reatil version, is possible sony is just showing off last guardian for hype and the game may be delayed again and cancelled at the end

It's very much in development and will be released in 2016.

I am just being realistic, experience tells otherwise, lets see if Sony has a change of heart, but the game was promised for ps3 and never came, the game comes in 2016 and there wasnt even a demo this year to try it out despite the game looks like a ps3 port and has been in development for so many years

I  will give the benefit of the doubt, but probablities are very low, if only Sony would have been more honest this generation instead of selling smoke and hype then i would have more faith, but sadly they decided that money ws more important

megafenix said:

I am just being realistic, experience tells otherwise, lets see if Sony has a change of heart, but the game was promised for ps3 and never came, the game comes in 2016 and there wasnt even a demo this year to try it out despite the game looks like a ps3 port and has been in development for so many years

I  will give the benefit of the doubt, but probablities are very low, if only Sony would have been more honest this generation instead of selling smoke and hype then i would have more faith, but sadly they decided that money ws more important

Psst, Tachikoma works at SCEJ.