By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What are the chances that Halo will be coming back to the PC?

Only if MS is ready to give up on home consoles...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

The question is do people still care for Halo ?????, seeing on yesterday shows on Youtube very less people seems interested on the Halo.

halo: mcc yes
the chance it at least 50%

halo 5 probably not. maybe when halo 6 comes out

i am curious how they try to bring xbox live gold to the pc
they can't lose that money. but they need to bring great value to the pc audience. otherwise they will reject it

It will happen. The hard part is actually finding reasons why not to.

MS is on the business of making money, not helping you to justify your console preference.

Microsoft wants to sell Xbox One consoles first and foremost. I can see Halo 5 coming to PC, but most certainly not at launch. Down the line, it's possible.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

i think halo mcc and halo 5 will both be on windows 10 but both will also be late by at least 12 months.

Halo will definitely come to PC, it's only a question of delay from the console version.
Every move Microsoft has made so far strongly indicates that outcome.

It all depends on how ambitious Microsoft wants to become.

If they just want to do well in the home console market, Halo stays on Xbox.

However, if they want to go after Steam, if they want to go after Google, if they want a part of that massive PC market and to become the biggest player in the online app space, then Halo on PC will be a thing.

I think home consoles were just a means to an end for Microsoft. They want to be the center of several markets by leveraging assets across those markets. That's been their obvious goal for a long time.

Protendo said:

This just tweeted:

This just in from Phil himself said the following in response to Killer Instinct which was announced after gears for PC:

"And it's the beginning for us."

Phil or Major Nelson?

Because that tweet is from Major Nelson. And last I heard, he was just a "PR talking head who says 'what he's supposed to say'" when it comes to big Xbox questions. I'm referring to the "flipping switches" debacle, when everybody took MNs word as gospel, and then when the 180 happened, they all said "he was just doing what he was told at the time".

This tweet looks much like a fan appeasement type of thing. So, "saying what he's supposed to say". And coming from the "PR talking head", I think we can disregard this as "Halo 5 is coming to PC".

Hopefully it does, the challenge will be how you do crossplay successfully with fps. US Xbox fans will sonn be the largest gaming community on the planet :).