By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yup, not buying a Nintendo system again

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

i missed E3 what the hell happened to make Curl 6 quit?

It wasn't one specific thing; I've actually been wavering for a long time now, and this woeful E3 showing, which above all demonstrated an utter lack of respect for their fans, was just the final straw. I'm tired. Tired of the game draughts, the delays, the same safe, predictable games over and over and over again.

Why don't you try PC or one of the other consoles? It would really be  a breath of fresh air if you've only got a Wii U.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

i missed E3 what the hell happened to make Curl 6 quit?

It wasn't one specific thing; I've actually been wavering for a long time now, and this woeful E3 showing, which above all demonstrated an utter lack of respect for their fans, was just the final straw. I'm tired. Tired of the game draughts, the delays, the same safe, predictable games over and over and over again.

i went through what you want through years ago with Sega before Dreamcast, like i and others have told you dont put your eggs in one basket, you are only limiting YOUR gaming

GameMasterPC said:
curl-6 said:

Why don't you try PC or one of the other consoles? It would really be  a breath of fresh air if you've only got a Wii U.

I honestly can't think of anything released on PS4 or Xbox One that I want enough to buy a console for. The modern AAA blockbuster has long since lost its appeal to me, and indies I never really cared for to begin with.

zelmusario said:
Pretty strong statement, but I can't say I blame you, either. E3 was disappointing for many of us. I'm disappointed that they don't listen to us, but not disappointed that I bought the Wii U overall. Hopefully, I'll feel the same way about the NX launch lineup.

I'd say wait and see how you feel a year from now or whenever NX launches. But I certainly understand you saying enough is enough at this point. This is a bitter pill to swallow for many of us.

Even if they can bring 4 or 5 nice games at nx´s launch its obvious that they arnt able to bring new good software frequently. Their teams are to small and they dont have enough. I doubt they will get 3rd party support. It will be same as it was on wii u. people who want to play Call of duty and co already do this on their ps4/xbox one. Where they do have their clans/online friends and co. They wont switch 2016/2017 just to get better graphics (if nx is even stronger).

EA probl wont bring any games at all. And no Madden/Fifa and co will kill the console fore MANY gamer.

curl-6 said:
GameMasterPC said:

I honestly can't think of anything released on PS4 or Xbox One that I want to buy. The modern AAA blockbuster has long since lost its appeal to me, and indies I never really cared for to begin with.

Then it sounds like mobile gaming might be your thing. You'll even get to play Nintendo games on it!

Jokes aside, the PC, PS4 and XB1 have a vast and diverse library and if you like gaming at all I'm sure you'll find something interesting on these consoles.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It's taken a lot to overcome my deeply rooted attachment to them, but the last four years have gradually eroded my tolerance for their bullshit.

I've been on the brink for the past few months, and now I can say with certainty that while I'll ride out the Wii U and squeeze as much out of it as I can, I will not be buying NX, or any future platform of theirs.

Sorry Iwata, your princess is in another castle.

Why not just owning a PlayStation and a Nintendo to play the other if one of them fucks up to have most games?

seriously what happened the other day ? for me it was just a normal nintendo press conference without zelda.

You should probably buy systems based on what they offer, not who made it.

GameMasterPC said:
curl-6 said:

I honestly can't think of anything released on PS4 or Xbox One that I want to buy. The modern AAA blockbuster has long since lost its appeal to me, and indies I never really cared for to begin with.

Then it sounds like mobile gaming might be your thing. You'll even get to play Nintendo games on it!

Jokes aside, the PC, PS4 and XB1 have a vast and diverse library and if you like gaming at all I'm sure you'll find something interesting on these consoles.

Maybe that's it, I'm not even sure I do like gaming any more. With each passing year it seems a smaller and smaller proportion of games appeal to me. I still come across the occassional game that I love to bits, like Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, or Splatoon, but gaming as a whole is drifting away from what I think makes a good game.

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

It's taken a lot to overcome my deeply rooted attachment to them, but the last four years have gradually eroded my tolerance for their bullshit.

I've been on the brink for the past few months, and now I can say with certainty that while I'll ride out the Wii U and squeeze as much out of it as I can, I will not be buying NX, or any future platform of theirs.

Sorry Iwata, your princess is in another castle.

Why not just owning a PlayStation and a Nintendo to play the other if one of them fucks up to have most games?

At this stage, PS4 holds almost no appeal to me whatsoever. 

Ok, enjoy your decision.

I will continue to buy the Nintendo console (and not only) and enjoy games that you will never enjoy.