By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yup, not buying a Nintendo system again

curl-6 said:
GameMasterPC said:

Then it sounds like mobile gaming might be your thing. You'll even get to play Nintendo games on it!

Jokes aside, the PC, PS4 and XB1 have a vast and diverse library and if you like gaming at all I'm sure you'll find something interesting on these consoles.

Maybe that's it, I'm not even sure I do like gaming any more. With each passing year it seems a smaller and smaller proportion of games appeal to me. I still come across the occassional game that I love to bits, like Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, or Splatoon, but gaming as a whole is drifting away from what I think makes a good game.

If you like Bayonetta 2 you should definitely play the God Of War series. That's an amazing franchise.

I'm not sure there's any replacement for Tropical Freeze. It was easily the best 2D platformer of this gen.

As for Splatoon, you should give Ratchet And Clank on PS4 a look. Its not released yet and its not the same game but there are certain similarities.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:
curl-6 said:

Maybe that's it, I'm not even sure I do like gaming any more. With each passing year it seems a smaller and smaller proportion of games appeal to me. I still come across the occassional game that I love to bits, like Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, or Splatoon, but gaming as a whole is drifting away from what I think makes a good game.

If you like Bayonetta 2 you should definitely play the God Of War series. That's an amazing franchise.

I'm not sure there's any replacement for Tropical Freeze. It was easily the best 2D platformer of this gen.

As for Splatoon, you should give Ratchet And Clank on PS4 a look. Its not released yet and its not the same game but there are certain similarities.

I've played all the console God of War games; I know it can seem like it, but I'm not a Nintendo only gamer, I've had an Xbox 360 since 2009, and access to a PS3 (my brother's) since 2010. Both are currently inoperable, sadly.

curl-6 said:
GameMasterPC said:

I've played all the console God of War games; I know it can seem like it, but I'm not a Nintendo only gamer, I've had an Xbox 360 since 2009, and access to a PS3 (my brother's) since 2010. Both are currently inoperable, sadly.

So how did you like it?

At this point I don't feel like I've gotten my money's worth from my Wii U, I'm hoping Nintendo still has some games left for the console.

GameMasterPC said:
curl-6 said:

So how did you like it?

GoW1 and 2 I enjoyed a lot; excellent games. 3 and Ascension not so much, it had started to feel stale by that point. I despised Kratos as a character, but with the PS2 games at least, the gameplay was enjoyable enough for me to overlook his characterization.

While the Wii was my favourite console last gen, some of my favourite games were on PS3/360; Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space, Bayonetta...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

Why not just owning a PlayStation and a Nintendo to play the other if one of them fucks up to have most games?

At this stage, PS4 holds almost no appeal to me whatsoever. 

it has every game out there

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

At this stage, PS4 holds almost no appeal to me whatsoever. 

it has every game out there

I don't see anything that makes me want to drop hundreds of dollars for the system.

curl-6 said:
GameMasterPC said:

So how did you like it?

GoW1 and 2 I enjoyed a lot; excellent games. 3 and Ascension not so much, it had started to feel stale by that point. I despised Kratos as a character, but with the PS2 games at least, the gameplay was enjoyable enough for me to overlook his characterization.

While the Wii was my favourite console last gen, some of my favourite games were on PS3/360; Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space, Bayonetta...

There really isn't  ahuge difference between the PS2 and PS3 God Of War games in terms of gameplay so I don't really understand your point. I don't like Kratos as a character either, but still this is probabl my favourite franchise in all of gaming due to the epic battles, gameplay and story. I guess we'll mostly disagree with this one.

BioShock on the other hand had painfully mediocre mechanics for it to be any fun in my opinion. Bayonetta 1 was just decent, but blown away a few months after release by God Of War III. Hmm maybe I'm not the best guy to give you any advice since our tastes are far too different.

Anyway good luck at finding an enjoyable game for yourself, I hope you do, every gamer should get the game he wants :D

GameMasterPC said:
curl-6 said:

There really isn't  ahuge difference between the PS2 and PS3 God Of War games in terms of gameplay so I don't really understand your point. I don't like Kratos as a character either, but still this is probabl my favourite franchise in all of gaming due to the epic battles, gameplay and story. I guess we'll mostly disagree with this one.

BioShock on the other hand had painfully mediocre mechanics for it to be any fun in my opinion. Bayonetta 1 was just decent, but blown away a few months after release by God Of War III. Hmm maybe I'm not the best guy to give you any advice since our tastes are far too different.

Anyway good luck at finding an enjoyable game for yourself, I hope you do, every gamer should get the game he wants :D

Thanks man. 

I really feel like we should give them another chance, but saying you're wrong would be a lie.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.