By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Starfox Zero's graphics are bad

midrange said:
Welcome to the wii u hardware, providing "next gen games" since the arrival of the ps3 and xbox 360

This game is well, well below average graphics for a Wii U game. There are launch titles that look better. This can't be blamed on just the hardware.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
midrange said:
Welcome to the wii u hardware, providing "next gen games" since the arrival of the ps3 and xbox 360

This game is well, well below average graphics for a Wii U game. There are launch titles that look better. This can't be blamed on just the hardware.

its not the final version, and the game has to be 60 fps to be playable.  sure it doesnt looks like one of the expensive pc space games we got in the last year. but those games wouldnt run on any console in 60 fps.

im sure we will see some improvements  till its release, the things that realy make the game look bad are easyly fixed and its normal that we dont see full ress in a real beta(i mean real beta, not a PR event to get the people hyped 3 weeks before the game releases)

curl-6 said:
midrange said:

That E3 showing made it clear that Nintendo is going full power and spreading themselves thin to produce decent games for this year. The graphical and computational problems with games like star fox, devil's third, and project cars, three years into the consoles life, shows how it is the hardware that is slowing developers down, not so much the concepts.

The very fact that we had bayonetta 2, smash bros, and mario kart 8 at really good visual performance only speaks about the ability of the developers of those games (especially smash bros), not so much about the ability of the console.

generic-user-1 said:
curl-6 said:

its not the final version, and the game has to be 60 fps to be playable.  sure it doesnt looks like one of the expensive pc space games we got in the last year. but those games wouldnt run on any console in 60 fps.

im sure we will see some improvements  till its release, the things that realy make the game look bad are easyly fixed and its normal that we dont see full ress in a real beta(i mean real beta, not a PR event to get the people hyped 3 weeks before the game releases)

Oh I'm sure the graphics will get better as it nears release.

midrange said:
curl-6 said:

That E3 showing made it clear that Nintendo is going full power and spreading themselves thin to produce decent games for this year. The graphical and computational problems with games like star fox, devil's third, and project cars, three years into the consoles life, shows how it is the hardware that is slowing developers down, not so much the concepts.

The very fact that we had bayonetta 2, smash bros, and mario kart 8 at really good visual performance only speaks about the ability of the developers of those games (especially smash bros), not so much about the ability of the console.

Actually, none of the developers of those games are known for their technical prowess. They obviously speak to the console's abilities since that is what the games run on.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
midrange said:

Actually, none of the developers of those games are known for their technical prowess. They obviously speak to the console's abilities since that is what the games run on.

These are more budgeting issues than anything. Nintendo's not going to spend a fortune on a Star Fox game or Devil's Third. Sure the graphics could be made better ... but then the budget for the games would likely be higher and it would also likely mean that they've have to be delayed again. 

Budget is the roof developers are running into now, not so much hardware. 

Even though the Wii U is clearly no PS4/XB1, it's patently obvious you can make eye pleasing games if you have the time/money/motivation to do so. 

But that doesn't mean every game is going to have the same budget. Mario Kart 8 obviously had a lot of polish put into it, but it's also a much safer investment for Nintendo. 

Soundwave said:
curl-6 said:

These are more budgeting issues than anything. Nintendo's not going to spend a fortune on a Star Fox game or Devil's Third. Sure the graphics could be made better ... but then the budget for the games would likely be higher and it would also likely mean that they've have to be delayed again. 

Budget is the roof developers are running into now, not so much hardware. 

Even though the Wii U is clearly no PS4/XB1, it's patently obvious you can make eye pleasing games if you have the time/money/motivation to do so. 

But that doesn't mean every game is going to have the same budget. Mario Kart 8 obviously had a lot of polish put into it, but it's also a much safer investment for Nintendo. 

Pretty much this, I will only add the making better hardware only lowers future game budgets required, but it is ultimately more about the budget that is the limiter

OttoniBastos said:
The only problem i see is the textures.

Environments don't have a lot of detail and everything especially enemys looks polygonal like it's still 1996, or whenever 64 released.

I'm really not sure what people were expecting. I mean, it looks exactly how I would expect Star Fox to look.

This reminds me a lot of the SM3DW announcement. The internet sure likes to get worked up about nothing.

Graphics look fine, game looks boring as hell