By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hilarious Reaction of Final Fantasy VII Remake and Shenmue 3 Announcement

Tagged games:

Landguy said:
I am still stunned at the reaction to this. Not sure that anyone acting this way is actually following video games. A kickstarter announcement? A title that they have been making for years? and a multiplat remake?

Yet, people lost their shit at just the idea of them.

All three are good to great things, but in of themselves, they were not all big actual surprises.

Sony won the show with the shell game. They had nothing important to show, so they announced the dreams list to grab the headlines. If I was in charge at MS, I would fire a few more people in the Xbox PR department and have Phil Spencer on the carpet. Phil is a great guy and an actual gamer. I would tell him that if money were no object, put 1-2 games into every big presser that the geeks would die for. Even if they are multiplats or kickstarters, just announce them at the MS event so MS can get the credit...

No doubt about it, Microsoft with backward compatibility gave a good jab on PlayStation 4 face, but then again has some one really complain about it? I don't see anyone in SONY camp that  have a big complain,  most of the fan are really satisfied with all new games even without backward compatibility. Some gamer's maybe hate for late port games but they are not complaining about backward compatibility at all. 

So in my opinion it's a good move, decent i must say to back up old games, but soon all games will be replace with a new ones, so it's just a plus but not a big factor especially when the purpose of E3 is to make fanboys cry and rage. I think that's how SONY can win E3 2013 and E3 2015 by fulfilling fanboy desire and dream. 

It's not like Microsoft cannot make the same thing like SONY, it's just SONY knows what really important for their fans and also SONY is able to bring hype to a different degree, maybe because they are more experience in this field and have more bigger fanbase then the rest of the competitor.  

Around the Network

My reaction to FFVII remake, in Sony press conference.

My face was glued to the screen, while tears running down my face out of enjoyment.

Aeolus451 said:
Landguy said:
I am still stunned at the reaction to this. Not sure that anyone acting this way is actually following video games. A kickstarter announcement? A title that they have been making for years? and a multiplat remake?

All three are good to great things, but in of themselves, they were not all big actual surprises.

Sony won the show with the shell game. They had nothing important to show, so they announced the dreams list to grab the headlines. If I was in charge at MS, I would fire a few more people in the Xbox PR department and have Phil Spencer on the carpet. Phil is a great guy and an actual gamer. I would tell him that if money were no object, put 1-2 games into every big presser that the geeks would die for. Even if they are multiplats or kickstarters, just announce them at the MS event so MS can get the credit...

You're just blowing smoke out with statements like that. You're downplaying the significance of Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last Guardian along with what they mean to the fans. Shenmue 3 was funded in 8 hours with 2 mil. I see no point in demeaning the fan bases of those series with "They had nothing important to show".  

Blowing smoke??  You should read the whole of my comment, not cherry pick an individual sentence or two and take it out of context.  I stated that"All three are good to great things, but in of themselves, they were not all big actual surprises. ".  So, I am not saying that the games have no meaning.  I am stating that Sony is getting crerdit for announcing (a second time)a game that has been in development for 6-7 years.  They also announced a kickstarter campaign for a game that if they were such good guys, they would have put up the 2-3 million to make.  They also announced a MULTIPLAT, like it was something that they did. These were all fan service announcments, and your response is direct proof.  I think that all 3 games are cool things in their own way, but only one of them has anything to do with Sony, and even then it might only relate to them funding a finish to a game that they probably spent the majority of the development costs on years ago.  The "meat" of my point was the last paragraph of my original comment.  I am just surprised at this point, that MS hasn't figured out how to bring 1-2 of these fan service announcements to each of these pressers. I know that the backwords compatibility was their hope to check that box, but most fanboys want a game that tugs the heart strings...

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:

What? These are three titles that are, to varying degrees, are constantly being rumored to be in the works and announced at things like E3, Gamescom, even PSX. Sony has shown nothing of the Last Guardian for so long, most of us gave up hope it'd actually be finished despite Shuhei & others saying otherwise.

Square put up stupid stipulations over how or when they'd even consider remaking FF7, doing everything short of it (sequel movie, prequel & spinoff games, sticking Cloud in all sorts of odd games); it really looked like Square was too intimidated to touch what some consider a masterpiece. (I consider it a great game mired in primitive LEGO graphics, midi-quality music, chunky old FMV, and a very rough translation.).

And Shenmue 3? A pipe dream. What should have been an amazing trilogy was cut short - with a cliffhanger - by a crippling budget on a struggling platform. I still can't believe #3 will exist.

Sony won the show with the shell game. They had nothing important to show, so they announced the dreams list to grab the headlines.

The list of what Sony has coming in 2015 and didn't bother to show is ridiculous, including a few titles that would have been gladly shown at either MS or Nintendo's (namely Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5 & Disgaia 5). Aside from No Man's Sky (which is still a black box in some regards) and a few multiplats, they made a conscious decision to focus on 2016 and beyond. Hell, they didn't even show all of what they've got coming early 2016.

Hiku said:

This is why no other press conference in history was even close.
The feels.

OP, Add this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRWL0s0l10

I don't know man, I'm happy and I want to buy it when it comes out on PC but Nintendo 2004 is really hard to beat.

Around the Network

Those were funny, but at the same time warranted. Many people have been waiting for a remake for such a long time. Now that wait is coming to a close.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Made by a Japanese GT fan.

Landguy said:
Aeolus451 said:

You're just blowing smoke out with statements like that. You're downplaying the significance of Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last Guardian along with what they mean to the fans. Shenmue 3 was funded in 8 hours with 2 mil. I see no point in demeaning the fan bases of those series with "They had nothing important to show".  

Blowing smoke??  You should read the whole of my comment, not cherry pick an individual sentence or two and take it out of context.  I stated that"All three are good to great things, but in of themselves, they were not all big actual surprises. ".  So, I am not saying that the games have no meaning.  I am stating that Sony is getting crerdit for announcing (a second time)a game that has been in development for 6-7 years.  They also announced a kickstarter campaign for a game that if they were such good guys, they would have put up the 2-3 million to make.  They also announced a MULTIPLAT, like it was something that they did. These were all fan service announcments, and your response is direct proof.  I think that all 3 games are cool things in their own way, but only one of them has anything to do with Sony, and even then it might only relate to them funding a finish to a game that they probably spent the majority of the development costs on years ago.  The "meat" of my point was the last paragraph of my original comment.  I am just surprised at this point, that MS hasn't figured out how to bring 1-2 of these fan service announcements to each of these pressers. I know that the backwords compatibility was their hope to check that box, but most fanboys want a game that tugs the heart strings...

Shenmue 3. Kickstarter was used to gauge public interest. It's being developed for the PS4 and PC. Sony is partnered with 'em for the game. Dec, 2017 launch window

Final Fantasy VII remake. Timed exclusive. No details about if it's going to just pc or other consoles. Most likely, sony is help funding/marketing the game.

The Last Guardian. Exclusive for PS4. 2016 launch window

It's not like sony isn't involved in these beyond just announcing them. It's getting credit where it's due. 

I loved watching them videos, they were a real joy to watch, I think it's because I share thier happiness. It's great because look how happy these devs can make millions of people! I love it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Yesterday was amazingly fun with divinity.