By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is MS' Heart Just Not Into It This Gen?

kitler53 said:

it's simple really

...it's not MS's choice.

And that is from a month ago, too.

Around the Network

So you're suggesting MS keeps dumping wonton oodles of cash into the division just to show up Sony? It doesn't work like that. MS is big on profits, their main focus is to continue growth. If anything, being a hugely profitable company makes them more discerning of what they'll keep hanging on to. I don't think they're going anywhere, it's just that consoles are a dodgy market, and fighting tooth and nail for it isn't really all that lucrative when you overspend to keep trying to make a name for yourself with little result.

MSFT/XBO seems to be working harder this gen than either Sony or Nintendo- Matrick nearly destroyed the Xbox Brand that MSFT had done a heck of a job building till then- Now they have a good leader again in Spencer , they bought Minecraft and they have been working much harder than Sony (Nintendo never really gave an effort re the Wii U) to overcome their disastrous start

I'd rather ms throw money at making new games than timed content or yawn call of duty

Shit not after last night Sony went and ripped that shit out Sub-Zero style

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You're dead wrong Soundwave. You know full well Microsoft is holding back for Gamescom. This has been known, hence why some games were pushed back. Sony has nothing at Gamescom. They blew their load at E3 and what an impressive showing it was. Dont underestimate them. They have more to show, including games we have yet to see gameplay from. Sony's first party puts Microsofts to shame, but i'll be damned if I didnt say I wasnt hyped to see what Scalebound looks like.

Indeed. Microsoft does have more ammunition for later. A good move on their part.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Sticky said:
Their new CEO Nadella is all about not throwing money out the window (aka at expensive Xbox endeavors) and wants to invest M$ money into more promising divisions.

I dont see xbox remaining very high up on the totem pole for M$

Yes they are just sinking a massive amount of money into exclusives for no reason, this arguement has also got stale and old, has been used since 2006 but yet they keep plugging away.

Yeah the other thing is why not give Minecraft at least some kind of exclusivity window on the XB1?

If MS corporate was really hell bent on backing their game division and giving them the best shot to win this thing ... but I think they're moving away from supporting the XBox division so much and putting more focus on supporting Windows 10 and multiplatform initiatives like the Minecraft purchase.

Maybe I am missing something here but I thought this was one of their most motivated conferences. Instead of showing timed exclusives and DLC exclusives from third parties, they focused on fully exclusive first party games that are coming out this year (Halo 5, Rare 30, Tomb Raider, Forza, Fable Legends, and Gigantic). .

They were getting killed by Sony when they were getting timed exclusives for AC, Call of Duty, etc... They were not moving units.

Everyone is talking about what a great conference Sony had, but they were announcing a lot of games that would be available on both consoles. Their only real exclusives were Last Guardian and Uncharted 4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake looks like it is still early in development and not an exclusive. Shenmue 3 hasn't even started development and there was no mention of it being an exclusive either. PS owners were just asked to fund development.

jbriatico said:

Everyone is talking about what a great conference Sony had, but they were announcing a lot of games that would be available on both consoles. Their only real exclusives were Last Guardian and Uncharted 4. Final Fantasy 7 Remake looks like it is still early in development and not an exclusive. Shenmue 3 hasn't even started development and there was no mention of it being an exclusive either. PS owners were just asked to fund development.

Hmmm you should check out my thread. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!