By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Sony really have no exclusives at E3? Dismantling another myth

TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait Horizon had a HUGE presence it was and still is one of the most talked about games at E3! So add that in with Uncharted, Rachet and Clank, TLG and that is 4 of which you decided to count. And you are seriously telling me you can't count one of if not THE MOST requested game to be remade in HD in FF7...seriously? Yes it counts you can't just pretend it doesn't lol. And wait you have barely heard about No Mans Sky? It has been constantly talked about since reveal about how amazing it looks. Shemue 3 is another game that was super requested. How can you not have heard about any of them....ESPECIALLY Horizon ALL fanbases have been talking about that game and how great it looked.

And yeah Bethesda confirmed that the PS4 version would also be getting the mods. And the 360 and PS3 had different architectures with the PS3 being very difficult to program for. Now the PS4 is super easy to program for like the 360 and XB1 so those past issues should be non present.

And NIN wanted to compete...if they didn't they would not be in the gaming business. Yes I definitely think all those PS3 exclusives would happen even if they were winning. They were winning with the PS1 and the PS2 and they happened. And you are correct MS does not want to have a branch that is losing money but because they are not that type of company at all. I don't know man to each his/her own but it is like you are purposely ignoring games from Sony just because you have not heard about them or feel they should not be counted for various reasons but let MS with the same thing.

You know what? I think you are right about No Man's Sky. It did get some coverage ony my favorite site... even though the same can't be said about Horizon, and Shenmue... Thanks for bringing it up.

I didn't count the Master Chief Collection last year, so I can't count FF7 now... but we'll see how much it sells. Very interested to see that, the game was great back in the  PS1 era.

I'm so relieved PS4 gets mods, too, even though it's getting them much later. I might reconsider buying the X1 after all... Still concerned about the fact that MS seem to have worked closely with Bethesda... not a good sign.

I must say you've made me feel better about Playstation's near future. I guess I've been a little misinformed about certain things... and I must have been a little flabbergasted after the strong MS conference and didn't give SONY a fair shot. Again,thanks for bringing these games up, thanks for letting me know about the mods for PS4.

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait Horizon had a HUGE presence it was and still is one of the most talked about games at E3! So add that in with Uncharted, Rachet and Clank, TLG and that is 4 of which you decided to count. And you are seriously telling me you can't count one of if not THE MOST requested game to be remade in HD in FF7...seriously? Yes it counts you can't just pretend it doesn't lol. And wait you have barely heard about No Mans Sky? It has been constantly talked about since reveal about how amazing it looks. Shemue 3 is another game that was super requested. How can you not have heard about any of them....ESPECIALLY Horizon ALL fanbases have been talking about that game and how great it looked.

And yeah Bethesda confirmed that the PS4 version would also be getting the mods. And the 360 and PS3 had different architectures with the PS3 being very difficult to program for. Now the PS4 is super easy to program for like the 360 and XB1 so those past issues should be non present.

And NIN wanted to compete...if they didn't they would not be in the gaming business. Yes I definitely think all those PS3 exclusives would happen even if they were winning. They were winning with the PS1 and the PS2 and they happened. And you are correct MS does not want to have a branch that is losing money but because they are not that type of company at all. I don't know man to each his/her own but it is like you are purposely ignoring games from Sony just because you have not heard about them or feel they should not be counted for various reasons but let MS with the same thing.

You know what? I think you are right about No Man's Sky. It did get some coverage ony my favorite site... even though the same can't be said about Horizon, and Shenmue... Thanks for bringing it up.

I didn't count the Master Chief Collection last year, so I can't count FF7 now... but we'll see how much it sells. Very interested to see that, the game was great back in the  PS1 era.

I'm so relieved PS4 gets mods, too, even though it's getting them much later. I might reconsider buying the X1 after all... Still concerned about the fact that MS seem to have worked closely with Bethesda... not a good sign.

I must say you've made me feel better about Playstation's near future. I guess I've been a little misinformed about certain things... and I must have been a little flabbergasted after the strong MS conference and didn't give SONY a fair shot. Again,thanks for bringing these games up, thanks for letting me know about the mods for PS4.

No problem manwe all miss things so no big deal! Yeah both the XB1 and the Ps4 have a bright future ahead....and I don't even have either yet I am still holding on to my PS3 and 360 lol. But yeah definitely check out Horizon some places and people are even calling it the game of the show!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Psychotic said:

Well, I'll indulge you and give you a full analysis of your post, okay?

eva01beserk said:

You claimed small niche games have no pressense.

That's the very definition of a small niche game. If it has presence, it's not a small niche game.

You basicly chaged holliday to this year to try and hide it but nobody is fooled here.

I can't begin to decipher this sentence, sorry.

And although you claim to not like halo, you claim that the exclusives on xbox are still better.

Can you show me where I said anything of the sort? I said there were MORE AAA exclusives, I provided no judgment on quality.

Even when someone else showed you half the list of games coming this year, you dismis them  because yu then said fallout4 has something on the xbox not coming to the ps4, wich it does, it has the fallout 1-3 for free for it.

No, i dismissed it because these were not big projects (AAA) and I was talking about those.

While still you claimed before you dint like shooters, you still love fallout.

1) I didn't claim to dislike shooters, I said SCI-FI shooters.
2) If you call Fallout a shooter, you've obviously never played it. I challenge you to find a site or game critic who qualifies it as such.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

How is Fable Legends AAA? Do tell.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
You know I usually prefer Sony's conferences, but usually I can understand why some people don't like them such as Wonderbook or Powers segments. But honestly, HOW can ANYONE not say they drowned us in awesomeness? We just got 3 games announced we never thought would happen for YEARS and 2 of them won't be coming to rival platforms and possibly the third as well (FF7 may just be coming to PS4 first then PC).

Then just throw in that epic Uncharted demo (yeah yeah it froze but so did AC4 when they demoed it and it never even stuttered when I got my PS4 copy), Horizon which looked great, little nuggets of indie, Dream which looks like the most creative thing pretty much ever, and Firewatch.

Then you think of all the stuff they didn't even have time to show (not just about the conference) like Ratchet and Clank, Until Dawn, Tearaway, and Persona? Come on guys stop deceiving yourselves. I'm not even personally into many of those games but from an overall range of games and business standpoint, Sony killed it.

Hell they even scored COD this year which will do great for their business this holiday swinging it from Xbox (I know it has sold more on PS4 but now it will tilt hard to show the difference in install base and possibly let them win the holiday in the US)

I agree. It's surprising the amount of downplaying on their conference, not only here, but everywhere else on the internet. They say that Sony showed no exclusives, you need to show them the list. Then they change to "no games for 2015". I know there are varied opinions, but why do people need to downplay Sony's conference if they showed games that fans requested so much. There will be games for 2015, even if they are multiplatforms. 

people also tried to say E3 2013 wasn't advantage Sony and look how that turned out lol

I am Iron Man