By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Sony really have no exclusives at E3? Dismantling another myth

TheBlackNaruto said:

So the Ps4 had Uncharted, Horizon, FF7(you counted Tomb raider for XB1), The Last Gurdian, Rachet And Clank, The MM game, No Mans Sky, Shemue 3 plus others that I left out and you just ignored them....why? When you say AAA games do you mean because of budget? Does a game have to have a huge "AAA" budget to be considered good. Heck all the games I just listed for PS4 are BIG if you want to be honest.

And did you know that the PS4 version of Fallout will be getting the mods as well? Not sure what other game got exclusive content on the X1 most other games have exclusive content or content first on PS4 this gen. Backwards compatibility varies from person to person. So it is big for some and not big for others.

Now on the better future for gamers let's just be realistic here BOTH companies are in it for the money NOT the gamers. And the XB1 losing DOES NOT mean that it will benefit the gamers look at the Wii U for example it is getting DESTROYED and are Nin gamers benefiting from it? Look what just happened at their E3. And MS is FAR more money based than Sony...Sony actually NEEDED the PS3 fanbase to help make money. MS does not and they will not start losing billions of dollars like Sony did just to get back the fanbase that they lost. I personally think both had excellent E3 showings and didn't even show everything that had! And both have plenty of great games releasing!

I guess I could have counted the R&C game, that's true. But the other games... You see, I don't think a game has to have huge budget to be AAA, but it has to have a presence. I've barely heard about those other games. Even if the games you listed are good, they're probably not gonna make that much money or sell too many consoles. Oh, and FF7 is a remake... can't really count that.

Fallout 4 for the PS4 is getting mods, too? That would be a game changer for me! Do you have a source? Still, Bethesda games have been historically better for the X-Box. Skyrim was barely playable before the first patch, Fallout 3 got timed exclusive for all the DLCs... I'm almost afraid to buy it on the Playstation regardless...

Well, I wouldn't really use Nintendo as an example of... anything. They are a special case. I don't think they ever wanted to compete with SONY and MS. So... you think all these PS3 exclusives would happen even if they weren't losing?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure not even MS wants to have a branch that loses money. Of course, if XBox flops, it's not gonna ruin Microsoft, but I'm certain that they do everything they can to win.

Around the Network

I don't like myths.

I also don't like myths proven wrong.

WhiteEaglePL said:
I don't like myths.

What DO you like?

Sony had a good showing, but there could have been some improvements. But apparently people have gotten into the mindset that if it was good, it was absolutely amazing and if you don't think so, you're automatically a Nintendo or Microsoft fanboy. I wanted possibly a new model/price cut, more information about improvement of system features and more R&C and Uncharted collection and less on CoD, Disney Infinity, and Destiny. I wanted clearer information on games coming out this year and the next and bit less vagueness about some of the big reveals (I.e. FFVII, Dreams). That then the conference would have been perfect.

Psychotic said:
eva01beserk said:

You know he wont answer that. He will at least say the old "It dosent matter about niche games", "halo is bigger than all", "is the holidays that count".

I just did.

t like that.

Are you serious? You just responded exactly how I said you where going to respond. You claimed small niche games have no pressense. You basicly chaged holliday to this year to try and hide it but nobody is fooled here. And although you claim to not like halo, you claim that the exclusives on xbox are still better.

Even when someone else showed you half the list of games coming this year, you dismis them  because yu then said fallout4 has something on the xbox not coming to the ps4, wich it does, it has the fallout 1-3 for free for it. While still you claimed before you dint like shooters, you still love fallout.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

Are you serious? You just responded exactly how I said you where going to respond. You claimed small niche games have no pressense. You basicly chaged holliday to this year to try and hide it but nobody is fooled here. And although you claim to not like halo, you claim that the exclusives on xbox are still better.

Even when someone else showed you half the list of games coming this year, you dismis them  because yu then said fallout4 has something on the xbox not coming to the ps4, wich it does, it has the fallout 1-3 for free for it. While still you claimed before you dint like shooters, you still love fallout.

Literally everything you said about me is wrong. My every word misrepresented. That requires skill.

Psychotic said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
I don't like myths.

What DO you like?

Pizza. Adventure. A lot of things no?

Psychotic said:
eva01beserk said:

Literally everything you said about me is wrong. My every word misrepresented. That requires skill.

Psychotic said:

Well, I meant this year's E3, not this year in terms of release date.

Exclusive AAA games the X1 had at E3: Gears of War, Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider, Fable.

Exclusive AAA games the PS4 had at E3: Uncharted... and... uh... can the Last Guadian count as AAA? Maybe...

I'm not saying I like the X1's exlusives very much (I dislike sci-fi shooters generally, so Halo and GoW mean nothing to me), but I do at least acknowledge that these are BIG releases.

When it comes to deals with the developers, Fallout 4 gets preferrential treatment on the X1, gets mods etc. I seem to remember one more game I'm interested in getting exclusive content on the X1, I don't remember which one was it... Honestly, I plan to dish out the money for X1 just to have a better Fallout 4 experience. Unless the game turns out to be sh*t, of course.

And obviously the backwards compatibility is a biggie.

And why better future for gamers? Well, I thought I explained that: They're losing the console war, they will have to bend over backwards to get back the fanbase they lost - that will always benefit the end customer.

In this very comment you say you dislike syfi shooters yet still love fallout. What kind of game is fallout?

I did get wrong that you said this year releasing, but you did say shown for E3, your still wrong, but I did read that wrong.

Yu still chosed to remember what games you think sony showed, wich by you where only 2.

At the bold. If thouse are the only 2 exclusives you saw then how could they not be. Thats also claiming they are better since you dismised like 10 of them cuz you think they are niche or have no presense(Explained in part 2).

Psychotic said:

I guess I could have counted the R&C game, that's true. But the other games... You see, I don't think a game has to have huge budget to be AAA, but it has to have a presence. I've barely heard about those other games. Even if the games you listed are good, they're probably not gonna make that much money or sell too many consoles. Oh, and FF7 is a remake... can't really count that.

Fallout 4 for the PS4 is getting mods, too? That would be a game changer for me! Do you have a source? Still, Bethesda games have been historically better for the X-Box. Skyrim was barely playable before the first patch, Fallout 3 got timed exclusive for all the DLCs... I'm almost afraid to buy it on the Playstation regardless...

Well, I wouldn't really use Nintendo as an example of... anything. They are a special case. I don't think they ever wanted to compete with SONY and MS. So... you think all these PS3 exclusives would happen even if they weren't losing?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure not even MS wants to have a branch that loses money. Of course, if XBox flops, it's not gonna ruin Microsoft, but I'm certain that they do everything they can to win.

And this was your response to somebody telling you just a small part of the games coming this year and showned at E3. Where you just dismised them for having no presense cus "you" havent heard of them.

You where also told that the ps4 has more third party partnerships this gen, more multyplat games had exclusive content on ps4 and you said you dint know and barely belived it and asked for sources. Last gen being better for xbox was one thing, but this gen has shown completly the oposite. So im not following your resoning for saying since last gen bethesda was better on 360 that is going to be better now for x1, seeing as how the ps4 has crushed the x1 in every multyplat so far.

Im beginging to belive that you dint even saw the sony E3 conference and aef following others comments. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Well, I'll indulge you and give you a full analysis of your post, okay?

eva01beserk said:

You claimed small niche games have no pressense.

That's the very definition of a small niche game. If it has presence, it's not a small niche game.

You basicly chaged holliday to this year to try and hide it but nobody is fooled here.

I can't begin to decipher this sentence, sorry.

And although you claim to not like halo, you claim that the exclusives on xbox are still better.

Can you show me where I said anything of the sort? I said there were MORE AAA exclusives, I provided no judgment on quality.

Even when someone else showed you half the list of games coming this year, you dismis them  because yu then said fallout4 has something on the xbox not coming to the ps4, wich it does, it has the fallout 1-3 for free for it.

No, i dismissed it because these were not big projects (AAA) and I was talking about those.

While still you claimed before you dint like shooters, you still love fallout.

1) I didn't claim to dislike shooters, I said SCI-FI shooters.
2) If you call Fallout a shooter, you've obviously never played it. I challenge you to find a site or game critic who qualifies it as such.

Psychotic said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So the Ps4 had Uncharted, Horizon, FF7(you counted Tomb raider for XB1), The Last Gurdian, Rachet And Clank, The MM game, No Mans Sky, Shemue 3 plus others that I left out and you just ignored them....why? When you say AAA games do you mean because of budget? Does a game have to have a huge "AAA" budget to be considered good. Heck all the games I just listed for PS4 are BIG if you want to be honest.

And did you know that the PS4 version of Fallout will be getting the mods as well? Not sure what other game got exclusive content on the X1 most other games have exclusive content or content first on PS4 this gen. Backwards compatibility varies from person to person. So it is big for some and not big for others.

Now on the better future for gamers let's just be realistic here BOTH companies are in it for the money NOT the gamers. And the XB1 losing DOES NOT mean that it will benefit the gamers look at the Wii U for example it is getting DESTROYED and are Nin gamers benefiting from it? Look what just happened at their E3. And MS is FAR more money based than Sony...Sony actually NEEDED the PS3 fanbase to help make money. MS does not and they will not start losing billions of dollars like Sony did just to get back the fanbase that they lost. I personally think both had excellent E3 showings and didn't even show everything that had! And both have plenty of great games releasing!

Wait Horizon had a HUGE presence it was and still is one of the most talked about games at E3! So add that in with Uncharted, Rachet and Clank, TLG and that is 4 of which you decided to count. And you are seriously telling me you can't count one of if not THE MOST requested game to be remade in HD in FF7...seriously? Yes it counts you can't just pretend it doesn't lol. And wait you have barely heard about No Mans Sky? It has been constantly talked about since reveal about how amazing it looks. Shemue 3 is another game that was super requested. How can you not have heard about any of them....ESPECIALLY Horizon ALL fanbases have been talking about that game and how great it looked.

And yeah Bethesda confirmed that the PS4 version would also be getting the mods. And the 360 and PS3 had different architectures with the PS3 being very difficult to program for. Now the PS4 is super easy to program for like the 360 and XB1 so those past issues should be non present.

And NIN wanted to compete...if they didn't they would not be in the gaming business. Yes I definitely think all those PS3 exclusives would happen even if they were winning. They were winning with the PS1 and the PS2 and they happened. And you are correct MS does not want to have a branch that is losing money but because they are not that type of company at all. I don't know man to each his/her own but it is like you are purposely ignoring games from Sony just because you have not heard about them or feel they should not be counted for various reasons but let MS with the same thing.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23