By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Sony really have no exclusives at E3? Dismantling another myth

eva01beserk said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

How many AAA exclusives does MS have over Sony this year? What better deals with develpoers do they have? Why do you say they have the better future for gamers?

So what is Sony not doing that you are disappointed?

You know he wont answer that. He will at least say the old "It dosent matter about niche games", "halo is bigger than all", "is the holidays that count".

People like them can't accept there are all kinds of gamers with all kinds of tastes over the whole world.
Some may think even something as niche as Tales of Zestiria or Disgaea 5 is bigger than Halo 5.Why?Cause they like these games and don't care for Halo while they care maybe for Star Wars which is clearly best played on PS4(if you don't have a PC).
People like them can't accept not everyone lives in the USA and not everyone likes Halo and even there not everyone cares for it anymore.
People like them can't accept there are 12 months in the year and the holidays aren't that important especially not worldwide.
People like them can't accept people prefer what Sony is offering...Variety of genres,AAA,niche and so on from Western Developers and from Eastern Developers.
Its the package and Sony is offering it for all the people over the world with all their unique interests and needs.

Around the Network

Tbh I actually forgot about the other games when FF7R and Shenmue 3 was announced. That was like the entire E3 for me. Lol!

Okay maybe not but it felt that way.

mornelithe said:
eva01beserk said:

You know he wont answer that. He will at least say the old "It dosent matter about niche games", "halo is bigger than all", "is the holidays that count".

Anyone who says 'X is bigger than all' where X does not equal GTA, loses all credibility in any game popularity discussion.  It cannot be argued at this point.

It cant, but people still try, just look at this thread and others recently. Even if they cannot convice somebody, they at least try to prove that that particular opinion is based on fandom. Thats a win for some.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Tellmethereason said:
eva01beserk said:

People like them can't accept there are all kinds of gamers with all kinds of tastes over the whole world.
Some may think even something as niche as Tales of Zestiria or Disgaea 5 is bigger than Halo 5.Why?Cause they like these games and don't care for Halo while they care maybe for Star Wars which is clearly best played on PS4(if you don't have a PC).
People like them can't accept not everyone lives in the USA and not everyone likes Halo and even there not everyone cares for it anymore.
People like them can't accept there are 12 months in the year and the holidays aren't that important especially not worldwide.
People like them can't accept people prefer what Sony is offering...Variety of genres,AAA,niche and so on from Western Developers and from Eastern Developers.
Its the package and Sony is offering it for all the people over the world with all their unique interests and needs.

Who is actually worst? Them for thouse reasons, or us knowing that they are like that and still give them the time of day to argue and show them list and stuff?

I sometimes dont know. But its always funny to see these reactions and see them moving goalpost, ignore things completly and other nonsense. While im just here laghfing at the responses of them reaching so hard to try and fool themselfs.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

FFVII Remake is PS4/PC.

Same deal as SFV.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

How many AAA exclusives does MS have over Sony this year? What better deals with develpoers do they have? Why do you say they have the better future for gamers?

I was seriously curious about the post. Wasn't trying to attack him because I can understand if he said for instance MS had the AAA titels he was interested in this year. That part yeah it is up in the air...but why he  said that MS had better deals with develpoers and that they had the better future for gamers was kind of odd to me.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

Well, I meant this year's E3, not this year in terms of release date.

Exclusive AAA games the X1 had at E3: Gears of War, Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider, Fable.

Exclusive AAA games the PS4 had at E3: Uncharted... and... uh... can the Last Guadian count as AAA? Maybe...

I'm not saying I like the X1's exlusives very much (I dislike sci-fi shooters generally, so Halo and GoW mean nothing to me), but I do at least acknowledge that these are BIG releases.

When it comes to deals with the developers, Fallout 4 gets preferrential treatment on the X1, gets mods etc. I seem to remember one more game I'm interested in getting exclusive content on the X1, I don't remember which one was it... Honestly, I plan to dish out the money for X1 just to have a better Fallout 4 experience. Unless the game turns out to be sh*t, of course.

And obviously the backwards compatibility is a biggie.

And why better future for gamers? Well, I thought I explained that: They're losing the console war, they will have to bend over backwards to get back the fanbase they lost - that will always benefit the end customer.

eva01beserk said:

I just did.

Tellmethereason said:

I like how you refer to me as "people like them" like if I was an X1 fanboy even though I said I prefer the PS4.

I like how you assume I'm American. I like how you assume I don't understand that people have different tastes.

No, kidding. I don't like that.

ignored.

Psychotic said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well, I meant this year's E3, not this year in terms of release date.

Exclusive AAA games the X1 had at E3: Gears of War, Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider, Fable.

Exclusive AAA games the PS4 had at E3: Uncharted... and... uh... can the Last Guadian count as AAA? Maybe...

I'm not saying I like the X1's exlusives very much (I dislike sci-fi shooters generally, so Halo and GoW mean nothing to me), but I do at least acknowledge that these are BIG releases.

When it comes to deals with the developers, Fallout 4 gets preferrential treatment on the X1, gets mods etc. I seem to remember one more game I'm interested in getting exclusive content on the X1, I don't remember which one was it... Honestly, I plan to dish out the money for X1 just to have a better Fallout 4 experience. Unless the game turns out to be sh*t, of course.

And obviously the backwards compatibility is a biggie.

And why better future for gamers? Well, I thought I explained that: They're losing the console war, they will have to bend over backwards to get back the fanbase they lost - that will always benefit the end customer.

So the Ps4 had Uncharted, Horizon, FF7(you counted Tomb raider for XB1), The Last Gurdian, Rachet And Clank, The MM game, No Mans Sky, Shemue 3 plus others that I left out and you just ignored them....why? When you say AAA games do you mean because of budget? Does a game have to have a huge "AAA" budget to be considered good. Heck all the games I just listed for PS4 are BIG if you want to be honest.

And did you know that the PS4 version of Fallout will be getting the mods as well? Not sure what other game got exclusive content on the X1 most other games have exclusive content or content first on PS4 this gen. Backwards compatibility varies from person to person. So it is big for some and not big for others.

Now on the better future for gamers let's just be realistic here BOTH companies are in it for the money NOT the gamers. And the XB1 losing DOES NOT mean that it will benefit the gamers look at the Wii U for example it is getting DESTROYED and are Nin gamers benefiting from it? Look what just happened at their E3. And MS is FAR more money based than Sony...Sony actually NEEDED the PS3 fanbase to help make money. MS does not and they will not start losing billions of dollars like Sony did just to get back the fanbase that they lost. I personally think both had excellent E3 showings and didn't even show everything that had! And both have plenty of great games releasing!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23